By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls 2 is almost here.Predict scores...

Score on Metacritc

60-65 6 3.26%

65-70 1 0.54%

70-75 3 1.63%

75-80 10 5.43%

80-85 39 21.20%

85-90 86 46.74%

90-95 39 21.20%

Total:184
kupomogli said:
90+

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls were both good games, journalists have started praising games that are too difficult for the sake of just being difficult, regardless if they're difficult for the right or wrong reasons. Super Meat Boy for example.

I don't understand, do you mean Super Meat Boy is a bad game? :(

OT: I'd say 91.

Around the Network

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

My wish is 90-100 (odd why you didn't include 95-100 btw). And besides this is my most anticipated game ever! I'm a fan of the series and will expect to play over 1000 hours like the other 2 Souls games!

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

I bought Dark Souls & Demon Souls on their release dates. I was going to do the same with this game, but I don't like the bonuses the new games brings for buying it early, and I don't now what to make of the change in director. I'm gonna wait and see if the PC version is better and just pay attention to the Console scores before I buy this copy.

I predict an 83-84.

mtu9356 said:
Somini said:

88. I'm reading bad reports about the graphics :(
It looks like the retail version does not look as good as the advertized version so far. Which is SUCH BULLSHIT!!!!! I can't belive FromSoftware is doing this crap too.

The 3 most important aspects of this game are the gameplay, online PvP/coop, and the challenge factor.  Each one being of more importance than graphics.

You are right and the fans don't really complained before since the other 2 weren't the best graphical acomplishments either. And tbqh, I like the graphics as they are, like anime fans love jRPGs as they look, no problem there to me and the majority of the fanbase 

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network

85-90

I cancelled my PS3 Collector's Edition pre-order for a PC CE directly from Namco, so I'll be waiting a month and a half.

85-90 without doubt.... Also, I wonder if people voted 60-65 and 65-70 for the lulz.  Dark Souls 2 is  not going to pull a Colonial Marines or something.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

85. I'm so sad I can't play it soon. I have exams for the next 2 weeks. Might just go for the PC version since I'll be waiting for a while.

AZWification said:

85-90 without doubt.... Also, I wonder if people voted 60-65 and 65-70 for the lulz.  Dark Souls 2 is  not going to pull a Colonial Marines or something.

I'm going to save this post in case Dark Souls 2 pull a Colonial Marines. or something.

kupomogli said:
90+

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls were both good games, journalists have started praising games that are too difficult for the sake of just being difficult, regardless if they're difficult for the right or wrong reasons. Super Meat Boy for example.

Super meat boy is difficult for wrong reason, the devs just think retro games being difficult was right, while the only reason was that games were only tested by the devs.

But it's not a bad difficulty. It's about your skill, and the difficulty progress at the same rate as your skill does. A fake difficulty would be, for example, in dark souls, adding stats to ennemies with a shitty AI. They would be easy to outplay but hard to kill because of their high stats.

So the difficulty in SMB is ok to me. (While there are some ridiculous moments in dark souls, like the capra demon where the first 10 seconds are stupidly difficult while the boss itself is easy).