By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Sports UFC Not Coming To WiiU Because Of The Games Technical Demands

Luck said:
cannonballZ said:
It wouldn't have sold much on wii u anyway.

I never liked the UFC games, this doesn't bother me at all. But what does bother me is EA not bringing ANY sports games to Wii U. I think eventually another dev/publisher will fill the void.

It's Nintendo's job to fill the void and they are currently doing an awful job.

so you think it's nintendo job to do that but it's not MS and sony's job to do that on their respective platforms?

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Luck said:
cannonballZ said:
It wouldn't have sold much on wii u anyway.

I never liked the UFC games, this doesn't bother me at all. But what does bother me is EA not bringing ANY sports games to Wii U. I think eventually another dev/publisher will fill the void.

It's Nintendo's job to fill the void and they are currently doing an awful job.

so you think it's nintendo job to do that but it's not MS and sony's job to do that on their respective platforms?

That's the perk of having a third party friendly console and userbase :D, you can sit back and watch the games be made for you

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Kresnik said:

Sometimes things are larger than "I want this/ I don't want this".  Particularly on a website focused heavily on sales.

For example: I am a Vita fan.  I do not like Monster Hunter - I find it boring, slow, repetitive and devoid of any fun.  But in Japan, there's no more important third party IP (possibly Dragon Quest, but I'm not too sure on that one) than Monster Hunter, and having it on Vita would do absolute wonders for Vita's fortunes over there.

When threads started popping up a while ago that were "Monster Hunter is staying 3DS exclusive", my reaction wasn't "Capcom are shite, and hunting games are shite, so the two of them together is about as appealing to me as mixing dogshit with vomit" because that would've been a gross over-reaction.  Yes, I feel a bit of ill will towards Capcom because there's no logical reason they can't put it on Vita (when the series was PSP exclusive, that was when the PSP was the stronger of two handhelds by some order of magnitude, and I'd question whether the DS was capable of running PS2 downports.  That isn't the case here).  Mostly it was just disappointment for the sales of my favourite console and for any fans of the game who wanted to play it with dual sticks on a handheld.

So, to finish my analogy with actually making a point, I know you enjoy your WiiU a great deal because it fills your signature/avatar/most wanted list/forum posts, and I think there's little denying that having EA Sports' backing on WiiU would improve its fortunes.  Perhaps not to the magnitude of Monster Hunter + Vita in Japan, but certainly getting a steady stream of annual sports games would help it gain ground in the west.  And following the fortunes of our favourite consoles, after all, should be an important part of a website dedicated to videogame sales.

Which is why I would suggest that your reaction should've been slightly more than "But I don't care so..."

bolded: this is crapcom we are talking. they probably didn't want to invest on a brand new engine for the series for a little longer and there was definetely some kind of deal with nintendo.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
chapset said:
No ps3 and xbox360 version? must be because Sony and Microsoft refused to put origin on them

...or EA, much like Ubisoft created a brand new engine and its basically prepped for next gen only.

Also, Microsoft would be the last company of the big three ever to deny Origin. Origin is almost as annoying as Windows Live.

considering wii u is part of the 8th gen, what's the problem?

Zero999 said:

Why does EA keep lying when we all know the true reason? saying this nonsense is even worse than keeping quiet, it only burns EA's image even more (if that's possible).

How exactly is this nonsense?

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

Why does EA keep lying when we all know the true reason? saying this nonsense is even worse than keeping quiet, it only burns EA's image even more (if that's possible).

What's the true reason?

Arcturus said:
Zero999 said:

What's the true reason?

biased behind the scenes crap.

Carl2291 said:
Zero999 said:

i'm sorry but what part is confusing you? they said it's because of thechnical demands and we all know that's a lie.

Zero999 said:
Arcturus said:
Zero999 said:

What's the true reason?

biased behind the scenes crap.

Or.....third party games don't sell well on the Wii U and it's not worth their time and effort.

Zero999 said:
Carl2291 said:
Zero999 said:

i'm sorry but what part is confusing you? they said it's because of thechnical demands and we all know that's a lie.

Seems to me you are just assuming it is a lie.