By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony and MS VR headset? How much will you pay?

Tagged games:

How much would you pay for a console VR headset?

Don't want it! 60 16.13%

up to $100 36 9.68%

up to $150 45 12.10%

up to $200 61 16.40%

up to $250 34 9.14%

up to $300 44 11.83%

up to $350 7 1.88%

up to $400 22 5.91%

more then $400 34 9.14%

see results 27 7.26%

Total:370

xP.same price as ps4?

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
eFKac said:
I think the price for the PS4 VR should start at 299$/€ and that's what I would be probably willing to pull day one depending on software coming with it. Of course I would have to try it first, but the reactions to the recent Crystal Cove and the few who tried the Valve VR are very, very promising.
Why are we speculating about a "One" VR, there is nothing sugesting it, not to mention the performance barrier that is already being brought up as a big potential obstacle to the PS4 VR.

in leaked road map documents from 2010 Microsoft mentioned some kind of media glasses called "fortaleza" for 2014, although these probably were ment for augmented reality and not VR

a lot has changed since,but there are quite a few ideas in there that were realized

here is the pdf: www.gameinformer.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Components-SiteFiles/images-news-xbox720/xbox720doc.pdf

Like you said, Fortaleza sounded and "looked" like they are meant to enhance games and media capabilities, so augmented reality at best.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Fortaleza might be augmented reality(vr headset) or something more. I don't have source but I know their was something similar to Fortaleza but it was not exactly it,was a combination of a small special projector and glasses ot was cheaper than a vr headset to make if Microsoft can do that type of thing I can think of it being around 150-200 dollar. The projector was display somelight with glasses to change them into image and make a surrounded system and image all,around you for me it was a better system than vr glasses. Cheaper, effects the eyes less and better in most of the cases but companies were unable to make it happen. I hope Microsoft or sony can do that.

Rift is targeting $300, isn't it? That's nowhere remotely NEAR mass consumer friendly.

I expect Sony to target the console audience here: a group that accepts lower quality hardware for a more reasonable price.

I get the feeling a lot of people in this thread haven't actually tried a VR headset like Occulus Rift. Don't knock it until you've tried it! Seriously, this should be considered the next gen. When I was at EuroGamer last year, Rift impressed me way more than anything on the new consoles.

I'd be willing to pay around £200 for a headset, although I'd be willing to save if it was more.

Around the Network

Maybe change the title to include 'VR'.

I'd pay $400

Id pay any amount for a worthy experience. Pretty much like everybody else..

If Sony/MS can get the experience right and market it well etc. then they can charge whatever they want. People will buy it.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

150 tops.

4 ≈ One

$400 would be a GREAT price! I was so close to buying that Personal 3D Viewer a couple of years ago but the bad reviews killed it for me. It was $800 so if this one could manage a consumer friendly price and maintain quality, it would be a no brainer for me.