By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony and MS VR headset? How much will you pay?

Tagged games:

How much would you pay for a console VR headset?

Don't want it! 60 16.13%

up to $100 36 9.68%

up to $150 45 12.10%

up to $200 61 16.40%

up to $250 34 9.14%

up to $300 44 11.83%

up to $350 7 1.88%

up to $400 22 5.91%

more then $400 34 9.14%

see results 27 7.26%

Total:370
kowenicki said:
Shinobi-san said:
Id pay any amount for a worthy experience. Pretty much like everybody else..

If Sony/MS can get the experience right and market it well etc. then they can charge whatever they want. People will buy it.

thats simply untrue.

it is every bit as much about the price as it is about the experience. 

if its too expensive, it doesnt matter how good it is... it will fail.

Theres plenty of overpriced gadgets being sold at a premium. If the experience is there people will buy. Obviously the price cant literally be "whatever they want" but it can be expensive and still be a success.

People pay for what they think is valuable. If the VR is a crappy experience then no matter how cheap it is people simply wont buy it unless its REALLY cheap.

Theres a balance that needs to be hit ofcourse.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Shinobi-san said:
Id pay any amount for a worthy experience. Pretty much like everybody else..

If Sony/MS can get the experience right and market it well etc. then they can charge whatever they want. People will buy it.

thats simply untrue.

it is every bit as much about the price as it is about the experience. 

if its too expensive, it doesnt matter how good it is... it will fail.

il add this to my previous comment as well...

if Sony/MS can come up with a VR headset that does something similar to what we see in Sword Art Online then im pretty sure they can charge an exorbitant amount for it.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

I'd pay a lot.

Once you experience vr, you can't have enough. This isn't a gimmick, but a revolution.

kowenicki said:
JoeTheBro said:
I'd pay a lot.

Once you experience vr, you can't have enough. This isn't a gimmick, but a revolution.
--snip--

lol obviously sony is going to talk up their own shit.

Joe doesnt work for Sony (i think) so perhaps hes opinion carries more weight.

kowenicki said:
Shinobi-san said:
kowenicki said:
JoeTheBro said:
I'd pay a lot.

--snip--

Not at all.  It carries no more weight than anyone elses.

My problems are these... Its the mosy insular and solitary device ever created,  it will likely be expensive, it has motion sickness issues.  It just wont be mainstream.

Dont think I have ever seen a product with so much going against it.  Just my opinion of course.

Joe's opinion is more valid than Sony in this case. Given that Sony will always say positive things about their products.

In any case i agree with the fact that VR has a lot going against it. The first manufacturer to get it right will be the most successful.

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
kowenicki said:
JoeTheBro said:
I'd pay a lot.

--snip--

Well I'm just talking about VR in general. I've used it (not occulus) and loved the experience.

People pay thousands of dollars for TVs, so there's no reason they wouldn't be willing to pay thousands for VR if marketed properly.

kowenicki said:
JoeTheBro said:

Well I'm just talking about VR in general. I've used it (not occulus) and loved the experience.

People pay thousands of dollars for TVs, so there's no reason they wouldn't be willing to pay thousands for VR if marketed properly.

awful analogy.

There is no comparioson between the requirments and uses of a TV and that of a VR headset.    Come on man.

I'm not saying VR=TV.

Also you haven't even used VR. Come on man.

JoeTheBro said:
Shinobi-san said:
kowenicki said:
JoeTheBro said:
I'd pay a lot.

--snip--

I think the VR concept has insane potential I dont think anyone can deny that. The first company to do it properly and have the right software to back it up will hit a jackpot!

Seriously think about all the possibilities :D

But i think we far away from using VR to its full potential. Decent headtracking and immersion is the extent to which i see it being used on the PS4.

Money is not an issue for me thankfully. I'd be willing to pay a lot as long as it proves its value.

I would like to test it, but I am not sure if I would like to spend money on it.

At the end of the day it is a device that KILLS every social aspect of entertainment. IllumiRoom would be way better for me as you can use it with friends as well

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...