By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jack Tretton To Step Down As President And CEO Of Sony Computer Entertainment America

A lot of Playstation gamers, including myself, identified him with the PS3 Sony, that came across as arrogant and self-important. I don't know how much of that was him, personally, as opposed to the corporate climate, but I like Yoshida and his group a lot more. (c/p from other thread).

Not sure why Iwata is being mentioned, as Jack would be the equivalent of Reggie instead.

Around the Network
badgenome said:

And LOL.

lol indeed.  xD

If there was ever a time Jack Tretton wanted to quit then this would be it, he's done his job.

kitler53 said:

related to the biggest MS surprise ever?   ...i think so!

At the risk of repeating myself...

Whys is he leaving I wonder?

Around the Network
RG3Hunna said:
As a sony fan this is depressing :( ..... Hopefully the new ceo doesn't destroy the momentum Sony currently has with the PS4.

Ohh come on, he had one good E3, where he only had to deliver the news, otherwise he did a lot of shitty PR job, not to mention how terrible PS3 performed in the US.

Plus he was the least likeable higher up from SCE, arogant, corporate suit. Someone I would perfectly envision in MS, Apple, or the like, not SCE.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

kitler53 said:
BenVTrigger said:
Gonna be honest didn't see this one coming at all

Not happening but could you imagine the meltdowns?

The entire internet would break lol

kitler53 said:
BenVTrigger said:
Gonna be honest didn't see this one coming at all

That was my first thought too. I mean it wouldn't be the frst time to snatch Sony talent.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Big changes at SCEA.

SSM layoffs and cancellations. AH leaving ND. Jack Tretton stepping down.

Maybe he felt it was just the right time to move on. Surely cant be because of sales performance with PS4 breaking every record possible.

think-man said:
Whys is he leaving I wonder?

To work with Microsoft.