By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jack Tretton To Step Down As President And CEO Of Sony Computer Entertainment America

SWORDF1SH said:

I think this shows the direction that gaming is taking. Didn't MS recently promote the guy that worked on their cloud network? Now Sony promote the guy that worked on PSN. The future of gaming will be heavily online and cloud based. BTW Jack was a good guy. Only oversensitive people could hate him for having a dig at the competition. He always showed respect and was humbled by Sony consumers.

Exactly

dane007 said:
Maybe MS would hire him as MS needs a new pr person. he would fit perfectly well lol

He's been at Sony, longer than a lot of the people on this site have been on Earth.

Nem said:
SEA's participation on the Vita has been dreadful. I see this result as a good conclusion.

Hopefully the next CEO can manage those resources and support the Playstation platforms better.

I doubt it, any more support outside of price reductions (mem cards) won't do any more good. The price will drop eventually with manfacturing costs, and if they keep producing them, eventually it will get more support, when Nintendo releases there new handheld.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Nem said:
SEA's participation on the Vita has been dreadful. I see this result as a good conclusion.

Hopefully the next CEO can manage those resources and support the Playstation platforms better.

I doubt it, any more support outside of price reductions (mem cards) won't do any more good. The price will drop eventually with manfacturing costs, and if they keep producing them, eventually it will get more support, when Nintendo releases there new handheld.

I mean first party games... The uncharted game for example sold really well. There was no reason not to make another one.

@Dr henry -- i know. I remember him from teh psone era. Ps one was my fav sony console followed by ps2. Was sayign ,, it ocudln't hurt to have him on ms pr side since he does a better job that pr did for ms at the reveal last e3 lol

Thats a huge blow…I miss Tretton and Butler :(

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Damn it,
Jack did not present at E3, he entertained. Sad to see him go. Wish him all the best.

Around the Network

It'll be funny if he and the Uncharted director both end up going to Microsoft.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
kowenicki said:
Mutual agreement. Interesting.

i wont miss his car salesman like approach.

maibe that is what xbone division needs, a " car salesman " like him

I don't even think Jack could sell an XBone.

Man, that sucks. I really like Jack. One of the better personalities at E3 and in interviews. Going to miss him. I think it's time to give Kevin Butler his job. Now, that would be awesome.

Soundwave said:
It'll be funny if he and the Uncharted director both end up going to Microsoft.

There's probably a contract preventing him from working at a competitor. He knows way too much about Sony. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I liked Tretton. Shame to see him go.

My jobs CEO resigned today too.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!