By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs Wii U - Ubisoft reiterates that Watch Dogs is still coming to Wii U.

ghettoglamour said:
How cruel towards the 12 persons who are looking forward to buying it on Wii U.

I get the sarcasm but compared to its user base the WiiU version had a very good pre-order size. Obviously lower than other platforms, but good enough to not get cancelled all together.

Around the Network
Gameboy18 said:

BULL CRAP, BULL CRAP, BULL CRAP. I know people on this site never use their common since but this one was a no brainer. it has nothing to do with getting the game running on the wii u. Lets remember it was suppose to be released on all systems last year until GTAV came out then it was delayed. So the game has been finished for sometime. The real reason for the delay is simple. MARIO KART 8 RELEASES 3 DAYS AFTER WATCHDOGS RELEASES. Ubisoft think that their games have lack luster sales on wii u now, try putting watchdogs up against mario kart 8 on a nintendo platform. They have to release it at a later date. Fuck the lame excuses Ubisoft came up with. They can't compete with MK8 On wii u. Fact!

Nope the reason the U version is delayed is because the team working on it got pulled off to fix the cock ups of the other team on the other versions leaving the U version well behind in development hence why they can't even confirm it'll be out this year and only say it's a possibility. MK8 has nothing to do with the delay Ubisoft just cocked up development altogether as if MK8 was the reason they'd be able to release anytime they want afterward this year as it'd already be completed, it seems the ZombiU team handled the game better on the U then the Montreal team who came up with the game did on all other platforms.

Maybe we get Watch_Dogs when the other consoles get Assassins's Creed 5?

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Cobretti2 said:
fleischr said:

It's largely built from the assets used the 360 and PS3 versions. You're basically spreading fixed costs of design and development to another platform. They're basically waiting to finish the 360 and PS3 versions to complete the port of the game. That's why there is a delay.

Fair point on additional costs. But even once you include additional costs, there's enough money on the table for Ubi to at least break even. Assuming they get a little less than half of the revenue -- that's about 2.5-3 million in gross revenue. And that's all only at 150k -- the total sales for such a game mature in the range between 200 - 400k.

but but ubisoft said that Wii U version was being developed with the current gen versions before development began on last gen. 

Yeah, and Gearbox said that the WiiU version of Colonial Marines will be the best version. ;)

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/38157/aliens-colonial-marines-wii-u-will-be-the-best-looking-version-randy-pitchford/

Don't believe everything what developers and publishers feed the press with. And don't hold your breath until the Wii U version of WatchDogs gets an official release date.

czecherychestnut said:

Watch dogs Wii u isn't a port. It was developed concurrently with the other platforms, therefore the costs of developing the game assets is spread across all platforms including the Wii u. Therefore there is no way you can say it's approraching profitability on 25k preorders.

Actually, the Wii U version is being handled by a separate team.  In business terms, that produciton will be given a separate budget.  When one department takes on a project for another department, it is given a charge just as if it were outsourced to a completely different company.   The head office in Paris will give Ubisoft Romania a specific budget to stay within based on the overall budget allocated to Ubisoft Montreal.

If it were all under the same roof by the same team, you'd be correct.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

If you don t own a home console other than the Wii U then you just hope it is released- At this point f it s a few months late that is better than nothing by far- I appreciate Ubisofts support of the Wii u so far- most others have not done so and Nintendo has not done a heck of a lot either so far-

So I hope it is a quality game and comes out in 2014 - ill be buying it when it does- it will probably be one of the last AAA 3rd party games coming to the Wii U other than the Lego games

I consider this a good thing. It means they're actually trying to release a quality game and not a rushed PS360 port (which would mean they wouldn't have to delay it.)

Metallox said:
oniyide said:
has anybody considered that it might actually use the gamepad in cool ways and thats why its being delayed and will be worth it?

Of course, and I think that's what the developer said. It could be that Ubisoft listened to the feedback and decided to put Gamepad features. In one interview before of the first delay of the game, Jonahtan Morin (I think that's his name) said that Watch Dogs on Wii U wouldn't have fantastic Gamepad support, only Off-TV Play, so it's probably that Ubisoft saw many guys saying "if it has Gamepad features I will buy it, so demanded to Ubisoft Bucarest to upgrade the Nintendo's console version. But it doesn't make sense either, since many people just wouldn't wait for "an ugly port" with little extra Gamepad tricks. I don't know. It makes more sense if they just delayed the game silently, like they have done with Ghost Recon Online.

you cant really delay this silently. How would you do that when come May every version is on the shelves but WIi U?

superchunk said:
ghettoglamour said:
How cruel towards the 12 persons who are looking forward to buying it on Wii U.

I get the sarcasm but compared to its user base the WiiU version had a very good pre-order size. Obviously lower than other platforms, but good enough to not get cancelled all together.

What? Compared to its user base it should be on par with the PS4 version and outperform the XB1 one.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Conina said:
Cobretti2 said:
fleischr said:

It's largely built from the assets used the 360 and PS3 versions. You're basically spreading fixed costs of design and development to another platform. They're basically waiting to finish the 360 and PS3 versions to complete the port of the game. That's why there is a delay.

Fair point on additional costs. But even once you include additional costs, there's enough money on the table for Ubi to at least break even. Assuming they get a little less than half of the revenue -- that's about 2.5-3 million in gross revenue. And that's all only at 150k -- the total sales for such a game mature in the range between 200 - 400k.

but but ubisoft said that Wii U version was being developed with the current gen versions before development began on last gen. 

Yeah, and Gearbox said that the WiiU version of Colonial Marines will be the best version. ;)

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/38157/aliens-colonial-marines-wii-u-will-be-the-best-looking-version-randy-pitchford/

Don't believe everything what developers and publishers feed the press with. And don't hold your breath until the Wii U version of WatchDogs gets an official release date.

I was kind of being sarcastic. I think Aliens colonial marines would have looked best on Wii U (by very little lol), but then the outsourced studio downgraded the whole game on all platforms which basically pissed off every aliens fan out there lol. To this day i still haven't bought the game. Maybe if it ends up on sale for under $10AUD then i'll consider it.