By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your most magical games

daredevil.shark said:
SirGalahad said:
Assassin's Creed ll.

Yeah. It was a huge improvement over the original. But the environment was top notch. I just randomly roamed over the city, rowing the gondola and the sound of hidden treasure chest at night made the game magical.

I loved the hidden glyph quest. When I found the first one and unlocked the first tiny part of the "video" i was so amazed, only to be later amazed even more by the whole backstory. This has gotten me into the whole franchise and now I'm a psycho-fan of AC :) can't wair for AC 5. And I don't mind the yearly releases :)

Around the Network
Damkos said:
daredevil.shark said:
SirGalahad said:
Assassin's Creed ll.

Yeah. It was a huge improvement over the original. But the environment was top notch. I just randomly roamed over the city, rowing the gondola and the sound of hidden treasure chest at night made the game magical.

I loved the hidden glyph quest. When I found the first one and unlocked the first tiny part of the "video" i was so amazed, only to be later amazed even more by the whole backstory. This has gotten me into the whole franchise and now I'm a psycho-fan of AC :) can't wair for AC 5. And I don't mind the yearly releases :)

I couldnt unlock all parts. So I went to youtube. I was shocked when I saw the complete video.

Games from the old days there tonnes of them... partly because I was young and partly because gaming worlds were new and the simple graphics meant a lot of imagination was required. SMB, Metroid, Rygar, FF and especially the Legend of Zelda and Zelda II.

After those, some great escapism came from FFIV and VI, Secret of Mana and Castlevania IV. Ocarina of Time is one of the best ever examples of a magical world, and FFX was certainly a game I was lost in. KOTOR was like being transported to a galaxy far, far away, and Mass Effect did a decent job of capturing that feeling again. Halo felt like another world fairly well for an action game, and Super Mario Galaxy did a good job for a platformer. More recently World of Warcraft was like falling through the rabbit hole and finally Xenoblade was truly magical.

Oh, and Batman AA. It was truly like being in a Batman story.

Mine would have to be...

LOZ: Link to the Past, my very first game, even though I wasn't actually the one playing it. I would bug my sister for hours asking her to play while I watched in awe. It's really what got me into video games in the first place.

Ghost Trick: Indisputably my favorite game of all time. I was so addicted to the gameplay, that artsyle, the quirky characters and the wacky but compelling story. I would stay up late just to play more. And I wasn't the only one! I got a copy for my friend and she was just addicted, and I even got my non-gaming sister hooked when I let her borrow my copy and my DS!

Shadow of the Colossus: I don't think I need to go into detail about this game. It was divine.

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey: Now, I've played and enjoyed all the 'SMT' games, including the highly lauded Nocturne, but none of those games really struck the same chord with me as Strange Journey, and I'm not even sure why. It wasn't my first SMT game, nor the one I would say was even the BEST SMT game; it just happened to be the one that really resonated with me. Despite it's dated-ness, it's my favorite in the series.

Around the Network

Valkyria Chronicles

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

1. Final Fantasy IX- While the gameplay wasn't anything innovative, it was still pretty good, the story/characters are still my favorite in the entire FF franchise and the soundtrack is also damn  awesome! Too bad Square Enix treats the FF franchise nowadays  in the same way  a man treats his whores.. ( with zero respect)

2. Resident Evil 4- This game is NOT the downfall of the RE franchise, people. Yes, the camera and controls were improved to make it feel more like an action game, but it still has the scary atmosphere and moments you know. The main reason I like RE4 is simply how new it felt at the time. RE4 also influenced Gears of War, Grand Theft Auto, Ratchet and Clank and other franchises. Resident Evil 5 however is another story for another time! :)

3. Super Mario Galaxy- It's Mario...............IN SPACE! So damn awesome!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Final Fantasy IX

Star Ocean: The 2nd Story

Ni No Kuni

Flower

Journey

Legend of Dragoon

Chrono Cross

Threads of Fate

Pokemon Red

Super Mario World

Super Mario 64

Tales of Destiny 2 (Tales of Eternia)

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Final Fantasy VI - It literally brought me back to gaming.  I'd gotten bored with the SNES, for the most part, and had drifted away from video-games.  A friend of mine wanted to go to a used game store, though, so I went with him.  Looking around, I found a copy of FF VI, which brought back memories of the first Final Fantasy on the NES, which I enjoyed a lot.  I was pulled in from the very start and will never forget watching those mecha walk through the snow in the opening video.

ICO - The atmosphere was like nothing I'd ever experienced in a game before.  It was like a poem that you could play.

Suikoden II - I consider this game to be a masterpiece.  It was just so good in so many areas, from story, to characters, to gameplay.

1. Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 - That music just makes me forget about everything.

2. The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask - Feel the anxieties of people that are about to die.

3. Any Metal Gear Solid game - The story just pulls me in numerous times over and over again.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!