By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your most magical games

What are the most magical games you have played?

By magical I mean a game that took you into your dreamworld (this will vary person to person). A game that is not perfect but was good enough to show you the dream's magic world. Feel free to post your most magical games but please dont "derail' the OP.

Prince of persia the sands of time:

Oh my god. This game really put prince of persia series to mainstream after a long time. The environment, setting and music was really out of the world. Playing in the arabian dreamland was really magical. Gameplay was also rocksolid and the story was icing on the cake.

Journey:

Another magical game that made me mesmorised over its awesomeness. The lone traveller's travel through various eye popping environments was a treat. Especially one of the later stages reminded me to check my surrounding that wheather I am playing a game or in a dream.

Okami:

This was is everything that I wanted to have in zelda series and it surpassed my expectations. I love cel shaded graphics and this game had that type of graphics and art design. Its a game that took me into the world of ancient nippon where amaterasu was trying to do everything right for the people. Animations were superb. The music is also great.

Around the Network

The original Fable, Dark Souls and Final Fantasy VIII are the only examples I can think now.

Assassin's Creed ll.

Wright said:

The original Fable, Dark Souls and Final Fantasy VIII are the only examples I can think now.

Yup. Original fable was really damn good for its time. I loved the nameless hero, kicking chickens and upgrading stuff. Good times.

Persona 4 Golden and Final Fantasy XIII.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
Wright said:

Yup. Original fable was really damn good for its time. I loved the nameless herp, kicking chickens and upgrading stuff. Good times.

I was a kid, and easily impresionable. Not only the magical graphics, but the music, the atmosphere, and the fact that you were a "hero", among heroes of the Hero's Guild made everything more awesome. The story was cliché as hell, but damn.

Oh, and the item descriptions. The item descriptions where priceless!

"Chicken Chaser!"

SirGalahad said:
Assassin's Creed ll.

Yeah. It was a huge improvement over the original. But the environment was top notch. I just randomly roamed over the city, rowing the gondola and the sound of hidden treasure chest at night made the game magical.

First Heavy Rain and later Beyond: Two Souls. What a journey! Yes pun intended :)

Ni no Kuni and Final Fantasy XII.

brendude13 said:
Persona 4 Golden and Final Fantasy XIII.

I never had the opportunity to play persona series but I am eagerly waiting for persona 5.