By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 sells ~60k in its 2nd week in Japan, tracking below Vita and WiiU. Should we worry?

How much will the PS4 sell in Japan?

18m+ 45 14.75%

16-18m 13 4.26%

14-16m 25 8.20%

12-14m 38 12.46%

10-12m 54 17.70%

8-10m 40 13.11%

6-8m 30 9.84%

4-6m 24 7.87%

2-4m 15 4.92%

PS4 couldn't outsell boxed cancer 20 6.56%

Total:304
Soundwave said:
Augen said:
They went through similar issues for NA and EU. Give it a month or so at least.

Sales are going to be ugly in a month or so. There's no games to drive sales anyway. 

People on this board are in a for a rude, rude awakening when they see what the Japanese game industry has really become. 

Remember when ps4 was going to get 450,000 at LEAST.

this people really think the ps4 is going to change a whole market just because it's the ps4.

if your japanese you buy a 3ds or vita and get more games in a month than the next 6 months for either console.

I can't believe people think it's in supply constrains when we know factual it didn't even sell out it's first shipment last week.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network

Yeah, it's all stock related I'd imagine. Still, a pretty ropey week two because Sony must have expected this. Still, not overly surprising.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

As expected. its just the hardcore buying it on launch week. With dick all on the software front, I dont expect PS4 to sell much over there. Plus Japan = Handheld.

I REMEMBER WHEN WII U DROPPED WHERE ARE THE COMMENTS

Even though the drop is quite dramatic, it's still too early to draw any conclusion. However, I must admit that I expected much more from the Japanese launch than this.

Around the Network

370k is a low number to having stock issues..I will worry if the numbers keep falling and MGS hardly boost it because well their are not many game releasing in Japan the next months...

In Japan you actually need games to sell a system and knack don't count

Although it`s too early to have a good idea of PS4`s future in Japan, the drop is of significance.
There were reports some days ago of how easy it was to find a console in stores. Don`t know if that situation changed or not, so the coming weeks will show what`s happening.

so are we sure of that 370k number is for 2 weeks in japan?

...i can't read japanese but all the english articles i'm reading say things like "following the japan launch" and "as of a week ago". i'm wondering if the 370k isn't sony's first week shipment number.

Troll_Whisperer said:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201403/04049233.html

PS4 has sold 370k by the 2nd of March, according to Famitsu. They tracked 309.000 on the launch week, so that's about 61k this week.

For reference, that puts PS4 below Vita and WiiU numbers at the same point in time.

I still expect PS4 to outperform those two and it's gonna sell very well regardless of Japan, but this doesn't bode well for the Japanese console market. Is it time to worry?

Christ this is horrible, cant you wait until tomorrow's numbers are out? Cant you provide wii u and vita 2nd week numbers for perspective? Are you not even aware those ps4 numbers in you op are from media create?