By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You're supposed to make HL3

Have you started developing Half-Life 3?

Yes 7 20.00%

No 2 5.71%

Are you cray cray? 1 2.86%

CJ you genius! 5 14.29%

I'm starting now! 1 2.86%

No, still waiting on Valve. 4 11.43%

I don't want HL3 because... 2 5.71%

I'm playing Half-Life 3 as we speak. 12 34.29%

Total:34

This whole time we've been waiting on Valve to release Half-Life 3. And after long extensive thought I managed to realize that Valve is waiting on YOU to make Half-Life 3.

So get cracking, Gordon Freeman isn't gonna develop himself.

Around the Network

All 92,000 of us shall make an amazing fan game!

Ever since Valve put in place their non hierarchal management system they have stopped producing anything of value games wise in a timely manner. They just rake in the money from Steam and try to work out ways to protect their digital kingdom with stuff like the steambox.

After Duke Nukem Forever released, we needed some other Vaporware to look forward to. That is Half-Life 3.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

HL2 won an Oscar yesterday in category 'The most overrated pc game of the last decade'

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

I didn't even play Half Life 2, so how should I be able to develop its next iteration.

m0ney said:
HL2 won an Oscar yesterday in category 'The most overrated pc game of the last decade'

That's what I love about gaming, it's all subjective.

What? this is crazy talk!

I know from a reliable source that Valve is just waiting for a advanced AI algorithm for HL3 to make itself. There will be no people involved.

The downside to that is it will also play itself and there will be no people involved.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

m0ney said:

Nah. That award goes to the Flappy Bird MMO.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Stefl1504 said:
I didn't even play Half Life 2, so how should I be able to develop its next iteration.

Exactly, how can you not see it? Since you know nothing 'bout the game and it's mechanics, anything you think of will be innovative and new to the franchise!