By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - InFAMOUS has gone Viral - Over 3.5m Views in a week!

Infamous SS Sales?

2m 81 25.23%

3m 96 29.91%

4m 65 20.25%

5m 40 12.46%

6m 14 4.36%

7m 6 1.87%

10m+ 19 5.92%

Total:321

Some people are way to pessmistic here, look at the situation Infamous releases in, it's the first big post release PS4 exclusive and it's probably going to be the only one until The Order comes around (not counting Driveclub) and if it turns out well, then I can easily see it become the go to game on the PS4 for at least a couple months.

I'm pretty much willing to bet anyone that this game is going to sell over 3mil pretty easily in 2014, unless of course it turns out shitty.

Around the Network
ICStats said:
DamnTastic said:
Beyond: Two Souls TV sport has 3.7million views.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCoM9qDrK_I

And we all know how that turned out. 1mill sales so far

Which was a big shame if you ask me, but anyway that is 3.7 million views... since September.  InFAMOUS has 3.6 million views... in a week.

I think InFAMOUS is going to have higher attach rate thanks to the timing.  It has the spotlight.

It def will be the biggest selling game in the franchise if you ask me.
Just as killzone and I can also see this happening with other 7th gen franchises of sony.

I hope it can sell at least 4 million.

Top 10 Games of All Time

1. The Last of Us, 2. Journey, 3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, 4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, 5. Bioshock Infinite, 6. Zelda: Twilight Princess, 7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 9. Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, 10. Starcraft

Add me on PSN. Thanks.

vivster said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

We don't know if there wont be any powerline grinding.  Most of your distate for the game is based on your own subjective taste and I leave you with that. You don't need to see what I see nor what many others will see in this game.

I can't see what hasn't been announced yet. You apparently can.

Also there is no distaste for the game.Well at least not in a significant way. It's already preordered for some time. My distaste is for people claiming the game to be revolutional when it's basically the same with prettier pixels and more advertising.

It's good that they didn't change the formular and it's only natural that it can't be as good as Infamous 2.

We don't know how the game feels. Most people who have played it said you feel more like punching people and destroying things in this game more than any other infamous. Traversal without grinding is much easier now. There more breakable areas and damage to be done. Theres a lot more to be learned about this game. Theres 21 days left until it launches.

foodfather said:
Going viral implies people of all groups and interests around the world have watch it (epic splits etc) not when a trailer earns a few mil views.

OT - around 2.5m

Sorry, million views is going viral. Viral means the video has been disseminated on the social networks and yearned a considerable number of views.

This is how it works: They made a 30 second trailer and put it up on youtube. Costs = negligible. Pretty much nothing.

Views: millions (3+ atm). This trailer made insane potencial revenue and hit more than 3 million viewers. It is highly lucrative. Its safe to say it went viral. 3 million views is not something common.

Besides, you just made that description up anyways.

Around the Network

Infamous Second Son is one of my most anticipated game of 2014, I can't wait anymore.  It's gonna be an amazing March, Infamous and MGS : GZ !   

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Hype is rising, thankfully Dark Souls 2 the week before so time will go fast :)

where's the 1m poll option?

Faust said:

Boutros said:
Faust said:

Damn, i forgot to use my sony's signature =S

Anyway, infamous is not as big as some people claims it is. Infamous 2 sold about .6m in  6 months (sort of), i see ss prforming better of course, but 3m as most people suggest (poll), it seems way off  (bundurus can make it happen tho)