By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Xbox-like Official Licensed Asymmetrical Controller Released by Hori

Aren't the X, Square, Circle and Triangle property of Sony?

Around the Network

I never bother with 3rd party controllers. I've been burned too many times.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

looks absolutely awful

No idea if Sony can actually trademark basic geometric shapes, but as the article said,

this is officially licenced by Sony, so any such relevant trademark would be covered if they're using the shapes.
A 3rd party offering alternate stick layout is pretty basic, but I'm not sure if the touchpad will in fact be a required thing for many PS4 games.
The article doesn't really discuss 6 Axis at all. Hori could possibly licence/purchase those components from Sony, though.

Wright said:

Aren't the X, Square, Circle and Triangle property of Sony?

If you make a certified 3rd compatible controller to PS4 you need to use X, Square, Circle and Triangle... if you don't use that you can't be certified by Sony... so you are a 3rd non-certified controller (it is like a pirate controller).

Edit - I mean certified = licensed... this is a 3rd-party official product to PS4... I don't like it.

Around the Network

Is Hori the Madcatz of Japan :^)

Panama said:
Is Hori the Madcatz of Japan :^)

No they have been making high quality arcade sticks for years now....they should just stick to that.

I wonder how it feels. The grips remind me of the Wii U Pro and that controller feels great in my hands.

Ew... I think i'll stick with the regular controller.

Looks like shit. Waiting for the ones in DS3 shape.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.