By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Xbox-like Official Licensed Asymmetrical Controller Released by Hori

Turkish said:
jlmurph2 said:
Turkish said:
This is terrible, the design is awful and why would you want assymetrical sticks.

Because preferences? Some people are used to Xbox's sticks.

Well they better get used to PS sticks if they wanna use PS4. If you're willing to change systems from 360 to ps4 surely you could adapt to a new controller.

Why? A DS4 isn't essential for playing games that don't use motion control or touch pad. If people prefer asymmetric sticks then a decent 3rd party asymmetric controller lowers the barrier for entry to getting a PS4. It's a good thing for 3rd parties to make decent asymmetric controllers for PS4. I'm perfectly happy with DS config, so 3rd party controllers hold no interest for me.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
Wright said:

Aren't the X, Square, Circle and Triangle property of Sony?

Nope!

All they do is copy Nintendo!

In Sony's defense, the PS1 was already out by the time that game came out.  Hell, the PS2 launched the same day as Majora's Mask.

Turkish said:
Lafiel said:
Turkish said:

Opinions how does it work?

I dont trust 3rd party controllers, they're often of terrible quality even from good brand names and even if some are good they are still below the quality of the official controllers.

And like I said above, if you're upgrading from 360 to ps4 and change to a whole different ecosystem, a change in controllers is a small hurdle to overcome, and the DS4 is godly. It's the best controller I've ever used.

Forcing yours on others is not how it works.

Having more options is better for more people and isn't that what you want? More PS4 buyers?

No Im not forcing my opinion on anybody, the opinion part of my comment is that I claimed it to look awful. How am I forcing it on you? This is an incredibly arrogant thing to say coming from someone who is hating on somebody for his opinion: "extremely shallow to judge a controller by it's looks"

A controller is not a system seller. These options are all niche products to a small audience who changed systems from 360 to ps4 but still somehow cling to the past. Actually, I have yet to hear from 360 people that they didnt like the DS4.

Hi, Turkish.  My name is d21lewis.  While I don't dislike the DS4, I actually still prefer the Xbox 360 layout and even the Wii U pro controller layout.  I may be in the minority but still, it's nice to meet ya!

*shakes hands*

Lafiel said:
Turkish said:

No Im not forcing my opinion on anybody, the opinion part of my comment is that I claimed it to look awful. How am I forcing it on you? This is an incredibly arrogant thing to say coming from someone who is hating on somebody for his opinion: "extremely shallow to judge a controller by it's looks"

A controller is not a system seller. These options are all niche products to a small audience who changed systems from 360 to ps4 but still somehow cling to the past. Actually, I have yet to hear from 360 people that they didnt like the DS4.

But it is shallow to judge something, which really only needs to function well, by it's looks and by that I meant the "this is terrible" part, not the "the design is awful".In my opion the design is like a normal controller from the 90's btw, nothing wrong with that, but I guess I'm talking to generation iPad here.

Calling me arrogant after your  "Well they better get used to PS sticks if they wanna use PS4" ? Nobody has to get used to DS4 even if they mainly use PS4, because there are other options out there so everbody can find their own ideal setup.

The DS4 might be the best controller for you, it doesn't mean that's the case for everybody else.

Yeah I agree, it's shallow and arrogant to judge someone else's opinion, no matter how different they are from yours. I think it looks terrible, so I dunno why you keep trying to force your opinion on me ironically after accusing me of doing it, it's really incomprehensible. No matter what you say I won't change my opinion.

Kyuu said:
d21lewis said:
Kyuu said:
Wright said:

Its scary.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
jlmurph2 said:
Turkish said:
This is terrible, the design is awful and why would you want assymetrical sticks.

Well they better get used to PS sticks if they wanna use PS4. If you're willing to change systems from 360 to ps4 surely you could adapt to a new controller.

Welcoming the 360 gamers with open arms. Good to see.

d21lewis said:
ironmanDX said:
Looks cheap. I didn't buy one 3rd party controller last gen, probably won't start now.

The only third party controller I bought since the PS2/Gamecube era was this one by Power A and it was pretty sweet.  Didn't have the motion controls and it was wired but I still used it more than the DS3.  Third parties make decent stuff....sometimes.

How was the d-pad on that thing? It looks horrible, the rest looks alright though.

mutantsushi said:
Turkish said:
jlmurph2 said:
Turkish said:

This is the arrogant dictating to others what they must do. 

If you just share you preference that you see nothing good in it and are happy with DualShock, thennobody is insulted. 

I personally prefer DS to this 3rd party controller, but I don't make arrogant dismissive domineering statements like that.

I dont see how thats arrogant. This is not dictating what others must do, this is what most people have to do. The market for 3rd party controllers is very small, non existant almost, and in that market the majority of controllers try to emulate the official controller. Since that market is so tiny, the majority of the people have to get used to the DS4 so therefore there is nothing wrong with what I said. A single controller like this will not make the news for the converts from 360 to go out and buy this en masse. The DS4 is a really good controller, and you must be verry annoyed by it if you're willing to go out your way to buy a 3rd party controller and not use your DS4. It's illogical to me that people would add another 40-50 dollars for this 3rd party controller on top of the price of their PS4. Besides, this controller lacks the touch pad and will be useless in many games that do use the feature like inFamous. So here is a controller you won't be able to use on  the exclusives for the system you just bought.

I think the DS4 is objectively inferior. It's funny how whenever Sony changes something about their controller THEN everybody admits it was a bad thing. Like NOW people tend to admit the DS3 was junk because now Sony has DS4. But they never admitted it before, but rather defended DS3. And all the changes they made in DS4 made it more like a 360 controller, and everybody admits those are good things.

I guess my point is people will only be free to admit offset sticks are objectively superior whenever Sony finally switches to them. Until then we'll continue this charade.

Personally the DS, symmetric sticks are the reason I dont enjoy Playstation, so this controller is for me. And Hori is supposed to be good quality, right?

It's only 54 bucks on Playasia, less than official controllers.

That said it's missing the touchpad which seems necessary for some games? AND it's wired.

Turkish said:
mutantsushi said:
Turkish said:
jlmurph2 said:
Turkish said:

This is the arrogant dictating to others what they must do. 

If you just share you preference that you see nothing good in it and are happy with DualShock, thennobody is insulted. 

I personally prefer DS to this 3rd party controller, but I don't make arrogant dismissive domineering statements like that.

I dont see how thats arrogant. This is not dictating what others must do, this is what most people have to do. The market for 3rd party controllers is very small, non existant almost, and in that market the majority of controllers try to emulate the official controller. Since that market is so tiny, the majority of the people have to get used to the DS4 so therefore there is nothing wrong with what I said. A single controller like this will not make the news for the converts from 360 to go out and buy this en masse. The DS4 is a really good controller, and you must be verry annoyed by it if you're willing to go out your way to buy a 3rd party controller and not use your DS4. It's illogical to me that people would add another 40-50 dollars for this 3rd party controller on top of the price of their PS4. Besides, this controller lacks the touch pad and will be useless in many games that do use the feature like inFamous. So here is a controller you won't be able to use on  the exclusives for the system you just bought.

Hardly game breaking. And kinda dumb if you can't turn that feature off.