By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retro's current secret project

What do you wish Retro was working on right now?

Metroid Prime 4 121 44.81%

Starfox: The Rise of Andross 33 12.22%

New ip 95 35.19%

Donkey Kong 3d (like 64) 15 5.56%

Super Mario RPG 2 4 1.48%

Total:268

I would hope it's a new IP. Nintendo really needs to step up its offering when it comes to western style games and Retro is their most talented Western Developer (although next level is good too). I'd love to see a new shooting franchise with some Nintendo influence. More action oriented than prime. A nice hack and slash could be good too.

Whatever it is, I wouldn't expect to see it before next holiday at the absolute earliest.

Around the Network

I would probably be happiest with a new IP, but it is most likely a metroid game..

Donkey Kong Country: Kiddie's Triple Trouble

A wrpg or an fps. Something western is all I ask for.

Cheebee said:
I'm thinking it's a new mainline Legend of Zelda. That on top of the next Zelda game Nintendo themselves are developing. Nintendo Zelda: 2015. Retro Zelda: 2016.

So you think that we get Hyrule Warriors 2014, Main Zelda 2015, Retro Zelda 2016, and probably 1-2 handheld zelda's in that same time span? That would be a crazy three years lol. I hope they aren't doing Zelda though (unless it's not from the perspective of Link). I want them to revive dormant franchise or do their own epic game.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Cheebee said:
I'm thinking it's a new mainline Legend of Zelda. That on top of the next Zelda game Nintendo themselves are developing. Nintendo Zelda: 2015. Retro Zelda: 2016.

So you think that we get Hyrule Warriors 2014, Main Zelda 2015, Retro Zelda 2016, and probably 1-2 handheld zelda's in that same time span? That would be a crazy three years lol. I hope they aren't doing Zelda though (unless it's not from the perspective of Link). I want them to revive dormant franchise or do their own epic game.

No no no, you misunderstand. Retro's Zelda will be a 3DS Zelda.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Metroid: Galactic Warefare

I want Super Metroid. Not prime.

I want a new IP. I expect Metroid.

I want the company to get so big they make both a new IP and a new Metroid FPS by the end of 2014 or early 2015.

(and then they can maybe do a 2D Metroid platformer like Super Metroid but then again there are plenty of 2D games inspired by Metroid so eh)