By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Isn't The Gaming Media Obsessed With The One Being 'd00med'..?

Cause it isn't Nintendo

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Because "doom" articles call the attention of fans, the website gets a lot of clicks to justify what they charge from advertisers. That all.

Because Titanfall, every 3rd party title worth having and Halo will be coming to it this year.

Because MS will slash the price when they need to, they have deep pockets.

Because in North America alone, with no system sellers it is selling on par with the Wii U worldwide. 

Wii U still has no third party support. Is just a matter of time (i don't know how much) that XOne outsells Wii U

Microsoft has been in this position for 2 gens already, the gaming media is used to see them in third place

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

And we are not even mentioning bancrupcy. I don't get why people talk about it so much.

NobleTeam360 said:
It's only been out for 3 months for starters.

deja vu

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

kitler53 said:
JoeTheBro said:
kitler53 said:
Areym said:
Probably because the Xbox One is still selling really well. If you compare anything to the PS4, right now, yeah its bombing. With no comparisons made, the Xbox One is selling fairly well.

in the january - febuary period xbone is being outsold by 360's sales in that same time period (jan-feb following it's first holiday).  xbone had a wonderful start but it's been a rocking post-holiday by any standard.

For that period it's doing worse than PS3 too, and that was before PS3 released in Europe.

XBONE had a great first two months, but yea Dec 31 onward it's been selling bad.

yeah, i dunno if you ever look at my goalpost chartz thread but at the current rate xbone will have completely eliminated it's launch sales advatage in 4 weeks.  ..as in the xbox one vs. xbox 360 gap will be negative.  titanfall will probably come just in time to reverse or at least delay that a while but as it stands right now xbone's sales need to double to stay even with the 360.

Are you updating this thread every week now?!?

Because the situation isn't precisely the same.

Beyond the disappointing sales, the Wii U suffered from cancellations, delays, and the looming threat of other next-gen consoles on the horizon.

For the Xbox One, there's disappointing sales, and the whole resolution thing. Aside from that, there isn't a lot else to work with yet.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Because it's not.