By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Isn't The Gaming Media Obsessed With The One Being 'd00med'..?

Areym said:
Probably because the Xbox One is still selling really well. If you compare anything to the PS4, right now, yeah its bombing. With no comparisons made, the Xbox One is selling fairly well.

My point was that it isn't selling well. It's been a downright flop in Europe and is only doing 'okay' in the States. In terms of weekly sales during the last couple of weeks it hasn't been that far ahead of the Wii U.

The current installed userbase isn't too far away from the installed userbase that the Wii U had this time last year.

Titanfall should give it a bit of a boost but I can't see Titanfall giving the One anywhere near as much of a boost as Mario Kart 8 will give the Wii U.

The PS4 will probably have an installed userbase twice that of the One and after the release of Mario Kart 8 the Wii U won't be that far behind it. There's a 2.3m gap between the One and the other two consoles at the moment...so they're both 1.2m away from having twice as many consoles in homes worldwide.

If they don't start to shift units before the end of the year Microsoft could see publishers dropping support for the console next year.

Around the Network

lol, it isnt doomed, its doing better than Wii U at a much higher price. deal with it.

kitler53 said:
Areym said:
Probably because the Xbox One is still selling really well. If you compare anything to the PS4, right now, yeah its bombing. With no comparisons made, the Xbox One is selling fairly well.

in the january - febuary period xbone is being outsold by 360's sales in that same time period (jan-feb following it's first holiday).  xbone had a wonderful start but it's been a rocking post-holiday by any standard.

Well, If you get only USA que PS4 is also doing wost than the 360 for the first February(2006) and bearly outperfoming the PS3 (2007).

The USA market ratio is no more than 1.1 to 1 , 10% advantage for PS4, so, as 90% of game midia is from USA there is no sense of "domination" or "doom" to either console.

Its complete bias. But if Titanfall fails to make an impact then there is no way they can escape it.

Cos its far too early, Media will give MS chance to react and do some price cutting.

Around the Network

It's a bit early and it is selling better then the wii u. Not to mention, it actually has the majority of 3rd party titles coming unlike the wii u.

kitler53 said:
Areym said:

in the january - febuary period xbone is being outsold by 360's sales in that same time period (jan-feb following it's first holiday).  xbone had a wonderful start but it's been a rocking post-holiday by any standard.

Goddamn it Kitler, I am trying to be neutral and unbias and you are making it VERY HARD to not focus on how amazing and wonderful and mindblowing the PS4 is doing compare to anything, ever.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

because we need to focus on Nintendoom more

the one has more ram!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Because Microsoft also makes the de facto OS and office suite. If you drive a car, would you want to piss off the gas supplier? IMHO, that's why most everyone tends to take it easy on Microsoft. Having been employed in the IT industry for decades, I can attest to their dishonest and vindictive business practices. That's my theory anyways.

It hasn't had a single month aligned where it didn't sell significantly better than the Wii U in the US, in Europe, and Globally.

And that's WITH stiff as fuck competition from the PS4 the Wii U didn't have to deal with early on. Microsoft also has done the legwork for good relations with 3rd parties and has a console strong enough that it can always leach a port off the latest PS4 game at lower resolution if it comes down to it. The Wii U is too weak to even do that, and Nintendo has infamously shit on every third party under the sun in every conceivable way.

Karma's a bitch.