By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor – Titanfall Gone Gold, Xbox One Version Might Get Upgraded to 1080p on Launch

Gremdude said:
vivster said:
Well of course it does 1080p. Also 60fps while doing it. just after growing legs and getting a sandwich for you.

Exactly. No chance for 1080p. I mean ZERO. These guys from Infinity Ward care about 60FPS first. Everything else happens if they achieve this goal. I figure 792p just like the "Beta" I put it into quotes as the Beta was the final product. No way they would take a chance of huge glitches showing up in the Beta weekend to trash the rep of Xbone even more. 

Yep or you would have been all over it wouldn't you?

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
God, i hope not :/ The frame rate would take a real slap to the face if true.

This. The Xbox One can't even handle Native 1080p properly without making a lot of compromises in graphics, etc. in games due to the weaker hardware inside of the console, let along Native 1080p w/60 FPS.

So far i am reminded about last gens: "Cross game chat will come with the next update", but lets wait see what happens here.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

If it is true and the game will get a massive graphic overhaul in a post launch patch then it's going to be very hard for reviewers to score the game badly, like... if you love everything about it but think it needs to be crisper would you hold off your review until the patch lands to fix the one issue you had with it?
I think every site is going to want the hits the instant this game launches so you can expect to see reviews based on basically the beta resolution which will be a shame.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

manny10032 said:
SvennoJ said:
selnor1983 said:

The ESRAM is the cause of the resolution. Devs complained about it with the SDK being behind on it.

The new SDK rolled out this month. And devs are now easily implementing 1080p in their games. It was because the 32 mb couldnt store the necessary data for doing 1080p. But with the new tiling tecnique of the data, it can take on much more. Its a realtime version of Zipping really.

It's not a realtime version of Zipping. It's dividing the scene into separate parts while trying to eliminate most of the double work that would have to be done at the connecting edges. Implementing an eficient tiled renderer that eliminates most of the overhead is a pain in the ass and having the proper SDK tools set it all up it for you is a huge help. However it's still slower than using a single 1080p buffer, and definitely slower than keeping a single smaller (eg 900p) buffer.

So yes they can use tiling to make it 1080p, but the performance hit will still be bigger than a non tiled buffer going from 792p to 1080p.

What will that do to the Framerate?

They could hit 30fps at 1080p, but if they want to keep it 60fps it's not going to happen without drastic downgrades.
Didn't the beta already have some frame rate issues with 25% texture resolution?

You can use tiling to solve the problem of the screen buffer not fitting in 32mb esram, but you still need to time to render the extra pixels.

Around the Network

I don't care what the resolution is. I just want it to run at a solid 60 fps. The beta was an absolute blast and a higher resolution won't change anything except give people a shield in the console wars.

thismeintiel said:
manny10032 said:
bigjon said:
To bad XB1 fans can't tell the difference between 1080 and 720 such a waste for them to push for it if no one can see it.

burn!!!

Ouch.  Going to need a little more than water to soothe that burn, lol.  The Xbox fans who have repeated this nonsense of not being able to tell the difference are going to start to look foolish when they are praising games that do pull off 1080p on the One. 

BTW, have they even confirmed what the resolution is?  I know the last we heard was 792p (weird resolution to shoot for, really) and they were hoping to get to 900p.  I think it's time to actually confirm this, as it launches in just 2 weeks.

Who's been saying that? That poll? From another site?

Find some comments before it's a "burn".

ironmanDX said:
thismeintiel said:
manny10032 said:
bigjon said:
To bad XB1 fans can't tell the difference between 1080 and 720 such a waste for them to push for it if no one can see it.

burn!!!

Ouch.  Going to need a little more than water to soothe that burn, lol.  The Xbox fans who have repeated this nonsense of not being able to tell the difference are going to start to look foolish when they are praising games that do pull off 1080p on the One. 

BTW, have they even confirmed what the resolution is?  I know the last we heard was 792p (weird resolution to shoot for, really) and they were hoping to get to 900p.  I think it's time to actually confirm this, as it launches in just 2 weeks.

lots of people on this site say they cant tell

Xenostar said:
ironmanDX said:

ironmanDX said:
Xenostar said:
ironmanDX said:

look yourself its not my job to keep you informed on peoples opinions.