By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor – Titanfall Gone Gold, Xbox One Version Might Get Upgraded to 1080p on Launch

wow so that new SDK that selnor was talking about yesterday is really showing its muscle earlier than we thought

my take if it is 1080 or even there goal of 900 then why dont they just say that it is i believe its somewhere in between 900 and 720 some oddball res that respawn/IW always use just like in there COD days with there odd res's

Play Me

Around the Network

if it was 1080p MS would be screaming from the top of their twitter accounts about and not being quiet on it. My guess is the same res as beta of 792p was it? or if they did bump it up, then 900p. I'm not sure on this one though, talked to a few people in the beta and they had frame rate issues at the 792p res.

To keep it at 60fps, 720p seems more likely. However, if they downgrade the visuals, then 900p 60fps is possible.

Blood_Tears said:
if it was 1080p MS would be screaming from the top of their twitter accounts about and not being quiet on it. My guess is the same res as beta of 792p was it? or if they did bump it up, then 900p. I'm not sure on this one though, talked to a few people in the beta and they had frame rate issues at the 792p res.

Yeah even at 729p the framerate was all over the place. Ohh and the PC version of the Beta was complete shit! I really hope EA doesnt screw over the PC version.

Seriously the resolution crap is getting old and dumb. Titanfall will aparently come out on a varying resolution from 500 to 2000p if all the reports are to be considered true lol. Just play your games on whichever plataform you want have fun and forget about the stupid resolution.

Around the Network

The only way I see it being 1080p is if Respawn have been able to have enough time to implement the new Tiling techniques the new SDK brought with it for the ESRAM. It rolled out at the start of the month. Considering its online only gamme a patch with this new code could be possible. But was it worth them doing it?

That's the question. It'd be nice of them to, and would show the benefit of the new SDK early.

selnor1983 said:
The only way I see it being 1080p is if Respawn have been able to have enough time to implement the new Tiling techniques the new SDK brought with it for the ESRAM. It rolled out at the start of the month. Considering its online only gamme a patch with this new code could be possible. But was it worth them doing it?

That's the question. It'd be nice of them to, and would show the benefit of the new SDK early.

Why would tiling techniques increase the resolution?

JoeTheBro said:
selnor1983 said:

The ESRAM is the cause of the resolution. Devs complained about it with the SDK being behind on it.

The new SDK rolled out this month. And devs are now easily implementing 1080p in their games. It was because the 32 mb couldnt store the necessary data for doing 1080p. But with the new tiling tecnique of the data, it can take on much more. Its a realtime version of Zipping really.

selnor1983 said:
JoeTheBro said:

The ESRAM is the cause of the resolution. Devs complained about it with the SDK being behind on it.

The new SDK rolled out this month. And devs are now easily implementing 1080p in their games. It was because the 32 mb couldnt store the necessary data for doing 1080p. But with the new tiling tecnique of the data, it can take on much more. Its a realtime version of Zipping really.

The 32mb couldn't store the data for 1080p? So why weren't the games 60fps if ESRAM was bottlenecking the resolution?

selnor1983 said:
JoeTheBro said:
selnor1983 said:

Taking BS to a new level...