By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - March 11th Turnaround? (Titanfall, Price cut, Twitch Streaming, Party Chat)

Huh is the bundle not worldwide?  Just checked and doesn't look like were getting it in Canada.

Around the Network

The X1 is becoming a better value every month. It won't start outselling PS4, but will be known as a competent offering nonetheless.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

There is virtually little to nothing they can do to revert the situation in europe. A 50 euro price cut with Titanfall isnt enough. They need to be cheaper than the PS4 to have a chance to compete.

Seece said:
DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:
For US and UK gamers The One has to be the choice. It has currently more exclusives, Titanfall this gens most hyped game and an awesome price point for entry. Many who haven't bought yet could hardly not choose Xboox One at this price with the gennerations most praised and hyped game so far. Being able to play Forza 5, Killer Instinct, DR3 and Ryse are just bonuses. With Quantum Break and and Sunset Overdrive just around the corner to.

This Buundle will make some very big waves.

Just checking, you do know that this bundle is limited, right?

Don't agree with Selnor (far too optimistic) but whilst it is limited they want stock on par with Day one. I think at the least there is gonna be a few hundred thousand of these bundles WW, if not more.

Absolutely, a couple hundred thousand is what I think as well, but it kinda seems to me that Selnor thinks that this bundle is going to be permanent, considering how he thinks it's going to completely shift the balance in the US and UK.

2.3mill lead in less than 4 month, while not having ''any games'' what do you think will happen once the games hit? TOTAL ANNIHILATION!!!!!!!!! The beast-station 4 is just better value for gamers and probably will stay like that unless the X1 get cheaper than the true next gen console, which I doubt will happen. The Ps4 is a gobal console the X1 is just a NA, now UK, centric console

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Well I cant see any reason why someone looking to move to next gen wouldn't happily chose the ONE looking at the situation as it stands right now.

This will change of course over time, but as of right now the ONE looks like a better bet to me. Garden warfare and Titanfall alone should be a decent draw for people.

100e/usd more to play Titanfall? I'll pass. I already have party chat and streaming on my PS4.

I don't think Titanfall will improve things too much. It will sell a lot, but that won't make the console a hit, besides some weeks of strong sales (like MGS4 on PS3 did).

What changes things are price cuts and that's it. Anyway, to do a immediate turnaround it would have to become cheaper than PS4 and that is not very likely. But getting at the same price is a start. The price in UK is probably a test. They will have losses with that bundle, but if it helps the sales, then they may take the hit and cut the price worldwide. If it doesn't helps a lot, then they will just let it stay as it is and don't make a loss for nothing.

Seece said:
DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:
For US and UK gamers The One has to be the choice. It has currently more exclusives, Titanfall this gens most hyped game and an awesome price point for entry. Many who haven't bought yet could hardly not choose Xboox One at this price with the gennerations most praised and hyped game so far. Being able to play Forza 5, Killer Instinct, DR3 and Ryse are just bonuses. With Quantum Break and and Sunset Overdrive just around the corner to.

Just checking, you do know that this bundle is limited, right?

Don't agree with Selnor (far too optimistic) but whilst it is limited they want stock on par with Day one. I think at the least there is gonna be a few hundred thousand of these bundles WW, if not more.

I'm amazed seeing how selnor already found the most hyped game in the gen only 3 months after it started...

Ok wait.

So if this bundle is already available for pre-orders, whats going to happen to all the existing XBOne's sitting on store shelves ?

M$ is cannibalizing their sales from now till Titanfall's release then.

selnor1983 said:

This reads a whole lot like PR speak. The bundle will only come in limited numbers and a good chunk of those will just go to people who were going to buy one in the next couple of weeks but have decided to hold off for the bundle.

I actually have a question for you, do you expect the Xbox One to take the lead in the US and UK after this bundle comes out? Do you think it will be able to hold that lead if it gets it?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.