By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - March 11th Turnaround? (Titanfall, Price cut, Twitch Streaming, Party Chat)

poklane said:
People seem to forget that Microsoft also threw in FIFA 14 or Forza 5 for free at a lot of retailers, and that also barely helped them.

How do we know? It helped them shift 3m to consumers and ship 3.9m ... we have no idea what the extent is of those helping.

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
Is Titanfall exclusive to just the XboxOne? I think with this game we can draw the same parallels as with the 3DS and WiiU crossover games, the xbox version will limit the one sales no matter how hard Microsoft tries to deny that version exist.

No, it's also on PC (better version) and Xbox 360.

Seece said:
poklane said:
People seem to forget that Microsoft also threw in FIFA 14 or Forza 5 for free at a lot of retailers, and that also barely helped them.

How do we know? It helped them shift 3m to consumers and ship 3.9m ... we have no idea what the extent is of those helping.

That's 100% true, but did you hear about anyone who choose the XB1 over the PS4 purely because of 1 free game? I know I didn't.

Short term boost definitely, long term I don't know if 30 pounds are enough for that. Also I would really like to know what the quantites of the Titanfall bundle will be.

We don't really have a baseline yet. I'm sure this will help sales but by how much I'm not sure. I do think that Microsoft is putting all of its eggs in one basket and they could be in serious trouble if this fails to produce the sales they need it to.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
We don't really have a baseline yet. I'm sure this will help sales but by how much I'm not sure. I do think that Microsoft is putting all of its eggs in one basket and they could be in serious trouble if this fails to produce the sales they need it to.

This

It will not be a complete turnaround but it will help and put some of the bad PR away going into a strong E3. Xbox is still regarded negatively by the general populace. I think for a real turnaround MS will need a big event and massive media coverage so that even the last potential buyer knows that MS has changed.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

In all reality, this Titanfall Free download and price cut is ONLY in UK...

XBone is loosing to the PS4 in the US, UK, EU and now their getting smashed in Japan.

What is this really going to change ? Yes UK numbers will rise, but remember UK/ EU gamer's already got FIFA free with their launch bundle. I would think FIFA is a bigger game than Titanfall in that part of the world.........

sabastian said:
In all reality, this Titanfall Free download and price cut is ONLY in UK...

XBone is loosing to the PS4 in the US, UK, EU and now their getting smashed in Japan.

What is this really going to change ? Yes UK numbers will rise, but remember UK/ EU gamer's already got FIFA free with their launch bundle. I would think FIFA is a bigger game than Titanfall in that part of the world.........

Dude I just corrected you, the Titanfall bundled is worldwide.

I was just reading up that the Xbox One/Titanfall combo bundle is only available at Amazon and the Microsoft Store. That's kind of underwhelming, but understandable at the same time.