By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Titanfall bundle Amazon rankings

FATALITY said:
greenmedic88 said:
The Titanfall bundle is undoubtedly a limited release SKU (all bundles are naturally).

MS can print more if they want/need to since it's just a matter of the Titanfall box and a voucher for the download, but they don't want to make this available for too long because without a price cut on the basic SKU, the only people who wouldn't buy the Titanfall bundle would be those who explicitly choose not to get a free copy of the game.

Plus, I'm sure MS would like to see more retail copies moved (as would retailers) than the current 3.5m XB1 user base, and that's making the unrealistic, mighty assumption that every current XB1 owner will buy Titanfall.

MS wants to hold off on price cuts on the basic SKU for as long as humanly possible, which points to the likelihood of a fairly limited release of the bundle.

I'd like to know the numbers, but if I had to make an uneducated guess, it would be anywhere from 500k (doubtful) to 1.5m with somewhere in between being the likely number.

It would almost be beneficial for MS to release the numbers themselves to create additional demand (pre-order and reserve now or risk losing out on a good deal), but my guess would be that they want to keep that number somewhat flexible to match consumer demand once the SKU releases.

there is more than a 1000 bundles on amazon uk/us

1,000 bundles? That's nothing, even for just Amazon. I seriously hope they're planning on producing considerably more than that. 

If they're gone too fast, the effect (the consumer rush effect on a perceived good deal) will be minimalized. 

Around the Network
greenmedic88 said:
FATALITY said:
greenmedic88 said:
The Titanfall bundle is undoubtedly a limited release SKU (all bundles are naturally).

MS can print more if they want/need to since it's just a matter of the Titanfall box and a voucher for the download, but they don't want to make this available for too long because without a price cut on the basic SKU, the only people who wouldn't buy the Titanfall bundle would be those who explicitly choose not to get a free copy of the game.

Plus, I'm sure MS would like to see more retail copies moved (as would retailers) than the current 3.5m XB1 user base, and that's making the unrealistic, mighty assumption that every current XB1 owner will buy Titanfall.

MS wants to hold off on price cuts on the basic SKU for as long as humanly possible, which points to the likelihood of a fairly limited release of the bundle.

I'd like to know the numbers, but if I had to make an uneducated guess, it would be anywhere from 500k (doubtful) to 1.5m with somewhere in between being the likely number.

It would almost be beneficial for MS to release the numbers themselves to create additional demand (pre-order and reserve now or risk losing out on a good deal), but my guess would be that they want to keep that number somewhat flexible to match consumer demand once the SKU releases.

1,000 bundles? That's nothing, even for just Amazon. I seriously hope they're planning on producing considerably more than that. 

If they're gone too fast, the effect (the consumer rush effect on a perceived good deal) will be minimalized. 

Don't worry. You can only check a max. of 999 consoles on Amazon, that's why we know there's more than 1000. Could be a million for all we know!

shikamaru317 said:
DM235 said:
According to Amazon Canada:

6. Xbox One Console - Titanfall Bundle
3. OUYA Game Console

The Ouya seems to have really taken off in Canada, I haven't seen the Ouya on any other Amazon top 100 bestsellers list for more than a few days, but it's been on Amazon Canada's for 267 days now. 

That's really surprising to me, as I thought the platform was basically dead.  I guess there are lots of people who love the XBMC and emulation functionality of the unit?

Either way, I totally did not expect it to be outselling the Titanfall bundle.

sully1311 said:
greenmedic88 said:
FATALITY said:
greenmedic88 said:

Don't worry. You can only check a max. of 999 consoles on Amazon, that's why we know there's more than 1000. Could be a million for all we know!

this. thanks.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

DM235 said:
According to Amazon Canada:

6. Xbox One Console - Titanfall Bundle
3. OUYA Game Console

Oh Canada, this is why we don't take you seriously. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

So  PS4 is already no 1? he he he he he

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

FATALITY said:

So  PS4 is already no 1? he he he he he

Yeah PS4 came back in sotck and went straigt to number 1, doesnt look very promising for Xbox One long term, a good bump week 1 tho. 

Carl2291 said:
So what we all thinking?

Surely gonna do more than 500k at launch.

Wish we could track digital sales (outside of the bundle).  Seems like a good 20% or so are claiming they are going to buy it digitally on the Xbox One.

Hopefully, we will be able to pre-order (and download) digitally too soon. 

Personally, I think it's retailer friction holding us back.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
Carl2291 said:
So what we all thinking?

Wish we could track digital sales (outside of the bundle).  Seems like a good 20% or so are claiming they are going to buy it digitally on the Xbox One.

What do you mean? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Zappykins said:
Carl2291 said:
So what we all thinking?

What do you mean? 

Gamestop can stop ordering a game if MS pushes too hard with digital deals on popular games. It's most likely what happened when MS retracted pre-loading Titanfall. They announce it, out of excitement for a new feature for a big game people cancel Gamestop pre-orders, Gamestop threatens to stop promoting Titanfall, MS retracts statement and full pre-loading page.