By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Titanfall bundle Amazon rankings

Fusioncode said:
Zappykins said:

Wish we could track digital sales (outside of the bundle).  Seems like a good 20% or so are claiming they are going to buy it digitally on the Xbox One.

Hopefully, we will be able to pre-order (and download) digitally too soon. 

Personally, I think it's retailer friction holding us back.

What do you mean? 

I think some retailers do not want to sell all digital games.  They don't want angry parents saying, "There was no disk in there!  You trying to cheat me!"  They don't want people not to think they need to go to a store "Why go, I can just download it from here."  They want people to come into their stores.  People buy much on impluse, if they can skip coming in, it doesn't help their business.

And they will go the way of Sam Goodie, Warehouse Records, Tower Records, BlockBuster Video, Hollywood Video, etc.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Trunkin said:
Wait, $500 for both the console and game? They're basically giving Titanfall away, then. If you're planning on buying an XBO, why would you not buy this bundle?

Yes, in the bundle they are giving you TitanFall for free.

There is no reason not to buy the bundle.  Even if you don't want Titanfall you could sell/give away the download code.

Note: if anyone would like to give me TitanFall that would be a nice thing to do.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

jlmurph2 said:
Fusioncode said:
Zappykins said:
Carl2291 said:
So what we all thinking?

Surely gonna do more than 500k at launch.

Wish we could track digital sales (outside of the bundle).  Seems like a good 20% or so are claiming they are going to buy it digitally on the Xbox One.

What do you mean? 

Gamestop can stop ordering a game if MS pushes too hard with digital deals on popular games. It's most likely what happened when MS retracted pre-loading Titanfall. They announce it, out of excitement for a new feature for a big game people cancel Gamestop pre-orders, Gamestop threatens to stop promoting Titanfall, MS retracts statement and full pre-loading page.

what a load of crap, unless you think Gamestop have a vendetor agains MS, Sony have pre download games all the time. 

Xenostar said:
jlmurph2 said:
Fusioncode said:
Zappykins said:
Carl2291 said:
So what we all thinking?

What do you mean? 

Gamestop can stop ordering a game if MS pushes too hard with digital deals on popular games. It's most likely what happened when MS retracted pre-loading Titanfall. They announce it, out of excitement for a new feature for a big game people cancel Gamestop pre-orders, Gamestop threatens to stop promoting Titanfall, MS retracts statement and full pre-loading page.

what a load of crap, unless you think Gamestop have a vendetor agains MS, Sony have pre download games all the time. 

Its a normal thing for Sony that started small and gradually became that. If MS started off pre-downloading with one of their most anticipated titles of the year it would be bigger than any pre-loading that Sony has done.

jlmurph2 said:
Xenostar said:
jlmurph2 said:
Fusioncode said:
Zappykins said:
Carl2291 said:
So what we all thinking?

What do you mean? 

Its a normal thing for Sony that started small and gradually became that. If MS started off pre-downloading with one of their most anticipated titles of the year it would be bigger than any pre-loading that Sony has done.

Well MS clearly have a differnt relationship with retailers, they admitted to being to scared to do day 1 release at all digitally on 360, which Sony didnt have a problem with on PS3. But now there day 1 on all XOne titles, i really dont see how preloading matters either way, the amount of people that would decide there preorder on which option allows them to play it as close to midnight as possible will be tiny. 

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
Xenostar said:
jlmurph2 said:
Fusioncode said:
Zappykins said:
Carl2291 said:
So what we all thinking?

What do you mean? 

In fact as far as i can see there has never been a pre download game option for Xbox, this is just that the tech isnt ready yet, or at least not ready for XOne

Xenostar said:
jlmurph2 said:
Xenostar said:
jlmurph2 said:
Fusioncode said:
Zappykins said:
Carl2291 said:
So what we all thinking?

What do you mean? 

Well MS clearly have a differnt relationship with retailers, they admitted to being to scared to do day 1 release at all digitally on 360, which Sony didnt have a problem with on PS3. But now there day 1 on all XOne titles, i really dont see how preloading matters either way, the amount of people that would decide there preorder on which option allows them to play it as close to midnight as possible will be tiny. 

Yeah they were afraid on 360 and not on X1 because of the size of the userbase.

Pre-loading matters because with the X1/PC and X360 versions of Titanfall being different dates you have to admit all of the focus is on March 11th, and Gamestop knows that. One day in Gamestop when trading in games I told the clerk I was downloading Titanfall digitally and he looked like I said I killed a guy. He said "No no no! You really don't wanna do that. You know that you won't be able to sell it back right??". I have no intention of selling Titanfall.

Xenostar said:

In fact as far as i can see there has never been a pre download game option for Xbox, this is just that the tech isnt ready yet, or at least not ready for XOne

MS knows what they're doing, they had a whole page set up for the pre-download of Titanfall showing how big the download was. It most likely would have been available with the update but something happened.

Its being beaten out by a Nintendo classic GC controller for 2014.

jlmurph2 said:
Xenostar said:

MS knows what they're doing, they had a whole page set up for the pre-download of Titanfall showing how big the download was. It most likely would have been available with the update but something happened.

Yeha probably pre download was cut from the patch as it wasnt ready.