By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dispelling the myth: Vita haz no gaemz (24+ beg to differ) [challenging the boundaries of what counts as a "game"!]

NiKKoM said:
The question is.. why do you have price tags on them? Aren't your games shrinkwrapped?

No, the only shrinkwrapped titles there are Ys and Toukiden, and that's because I've not got around to playing them yet because Danganronpa is so awesome and I was told not to even try Ys or Toukiden until I'd finished Danganronpa (and yeah... it's amazing!)

Price tags are still on because my game cases tend to go on a shelf. I take the cards out and keep them in my console carry case whilst I'm working through them.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

I see 7 exclusives there that I'd want, if a game is on a console and handheld I'm getting the console version.

MikeRox said:
Wright said:

Where are the big exclusives? Vita haz no gaemz.

Nail on head, why does "big" matter? Tearaway is no worse a game because it doesn't have 3 prequels.

That said:

WipeOut
KillZone
Sly Cooper
FIFA
Need for Speed
Uncharted
Lumines
Persona
Rayman
Sonic
(plus Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed etc)

Aren't exactly unknown frachises.

I want to try debunk the myth on a game quality perspective, rather than a "IP size" angle. It won't do much, but it might actually show on the fence(ers) that there's more than they realise on the system. Remembering that this is purely physical titles and doesn't include the wealth of awesome digital only content.

It is widely known that having "no games" doesn't mean having no games, but rather, having no exclusives

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I am feeling nice today, good collection!

*Gasp*

Well done.

The Vita has a decent number of games, but when you compare it's exclusive line up to the 3DS's it somewhat crumbles. The 3DS having access to the entire DS library doesn't help either.

Around the Network

I have more games for Vita than for 3DS. And I spent less money to achieve that. Way less. Like, maybe half. Thanks PS Plus!

I also keep playing with the Vita a hell of a lot more often than with the 3DS. Especially since the PS4 arrived. I mean, dem Next-Gen grfxxx on dat OLED? Hell, yeah!

But whatever, people just love to hate the Vita, I don't even care anymore. Guess it's just the way it is.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

This thread is like saying "I have more Vita games than you" to the rest of us Vita owners hahahahaha xD

It's no use... Vita will still sell worse than every other 8th gen platform since Wii U will always have better holidays.

I don't count ports and multiplats, and that goes for any system. A system can have a hundred great games on it, but if you can get them all somewhere else then there just isn't a reason to get the system. The Vita does have the advantage of being a handheld, so one could argue that playing these games on the go is the most appealing part, but I just don't think that's enough. It's the same with the Wii U. Count the number of awesome games available on it and you'll see that it's a great system. Whether or not it's worth purchasing is another story.

Then you've also got to consider that even if a system has a really good amount of "great" games, it might still not be enough because everyone's got different tastes. You've got to have such a huge library that people of all kinds will find plenty that they like. For instance when I look at that collection, then take out all the games that I can play on other systems, then take out anything sports- or racing-related, that leaves very few games, out of which I personally only find one interesting enough to play. To many it's a great collection, but to most people there just isn't enough compelling and exclusive software.

Hopefully someday it will turn around, though. I mean, the PSP was a beast once it found its legs.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

I have a Vita, but right now I don't have too many games. I will get more later, when my financial future looks better (I am foreseeing a lot of expenses within the next several months). So I wont be getting many new games this year. But I definitely am not one of those people saying the Vita has no games given I have one with 7 games.