By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PVZ: GW 900p 60fps on XBOX ONE

Game looks great...tbh, I'd take those visuals over Ryse, Infamous or Order any day.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
Krill said:
daredevil.shark said:
Those leakers like "COBAT" were spot on. No 1080p 60fps from Xbox One in near future. The system is kinda weak.

Remind me what game currently runs 1080p/60 (locked) on PS4, excluding little indie games. ISS and The Order aren't even going to be 1080p/60.  People need to get over this resolution debacle.  Both PS4 and XBox One currently struggle running games at 1080p/60, but will achieve that in the future once developers start exploiting the hardware.  

By the way, we've already heard of AAA games in development for the XBox One that will be running 1080p/60.  

1. The order will be using 4x MSAA compared to "no MSAA" of many Xbox One games. And its 1080 x 800 pixels. And ISS is still 1080p which is "DOUBLE" resolution of dead rising 3.

2. Bolded part: We have heard but havent seen them. I remember alrert penallo saying, "We cant comment on third party games but we can say RYSE will be 1080p 60fps". So dont believe what you hear.

DR3 has hundreds of independent AI characters on-screen at any one time.  I don't know of any other game on any system managing that.  I think it's unfair to compare that with a game like ISS with maybe only a dozen AI characters on-screen.  Early preview of The Order said it was struggling to hit 30fps with it's sub 1080p res.  I'm sure it will be optimized to hit that mark though and I still think it is a beautiful looking game by the way.

Regarding your second point, Albert Penello was the one who corrected his earlier mistake about Ryse's resolution.  It might 'only' be 900p but it is still lauded by many independent journos as the current best looking game on next-gen systems.  Some prefer Killzone on PS4.

Just seems double standards are being used here.  Can't criticize one machine for failing to hit 1080p/60 at the moment when neither does (except Forza 5). Great games on both systems with even better games to come.    

Krill said:
daredevil.shark said:
Krill said:
daredevil.shark said:
Those leakers like "COBAT" were spot on. No 1080p 60fps from Xbox One in near future. The system is kinda weak.

Remind me what game currently runs 1080p/60 (locked) on PS4, excluding little indie games. ISS and The Order aren't even going to be 1080p/60.  People need to get over this resolution debacle.  Both PS4 and XBox One currently struggle running games at 1080p/60, but will achieve that in the future once developers start exploiting the hardware.  

By the way, we've already heard of AAA games in development for the XBox One that will be running 1080p/60.  

1. The order will be using 4x MSAA compared to "no MSAA" of many Xbox One games. And its 1080 x 800 pixels. And ISS is still 1080p which is "DOUBLE" resolution of dead rising 3.

2. Bolded part: We have heard but havent seen them. I remember alrert penallo saying, "We cant comment on third party games but we can say RYSE will be 1080p 60fps". So dont believe what you hear.

DR3 has hundreds of independent AI characters on-screen at any one time.  I don't know of any other game on any system managing that.  I think it's unfair to compare that with a game like ISS with maybe only a dozen AI characters on-screen.  Early preview of The Order said it was struggling to hit 30fps with it's sub 1080p res.  I'm sure it will be optimized to hit that mark though and I still think it is a beautiful looking game by the way.

Regarding your second point, Albert Penello was the one who corrected his earlier mistake about Ryse's resolution.  It might 'only' be 900p but it is still lauded by many independent journos as the current best looking game on next-gen systems.  Some prefer Killzone on PS4.

Just seems double standards are being used here.  Can't criticize one machine for failing to hit 1080p/60 at the moment when neither does (except Forza 5). Great games on both systems with even better games to come.    

So you're comparing a game that has been release for about 4 months to a game that wont come out at least 9 months from now?? ok!

Dead Rising 3 has no dynamic wheater, incredible particule effects and very few vertical gameplay.

Dead Rising 3 has very few active ia characters at the same time, the others are just poor models.
Dead Rising 3 is 720p and very bad framerate 20-30fps, and looks like a xbox 360 game with pop in, huge aliasing, bad quality effects, doesnt look next gen at all.

So stop this madness.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:

Dead Rising 3 has no dynamic wheater, incredible particule effects and very few vertical gameplay.

Dead Rising 3 has very few active ia characters at the same time, the others are just poor models.
Dead Rising 3 is 720p and very bad framerate 20-30fps, and looks like a xbox 360 game with pop in, huge aliasing, bad quality effects, doesnt look next gen at all.

So stop this madness.

Dead Rising 3 is an open world game, those generally aren't the most visually impressive games. Having hundreds of zombies on screen at once is also pretty taxing on resources.

I agree Dead Rising 3 doesn't look next gen... when you ignore what make that game a technical achievement. Simply put, you can't point to a more technically impressive open world game on consoles.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Zisbest said:
Garden warfare, what an epic title! Reminds me of something going on between Slarvax and me.

OT:

I think I am the only person alive that can't distinguish a 720p from a 1080p game on a 40'' TV. So I'm more than fine with that resolution.

it really depends on how close you are to the tv, the closer you are the easier it is to see.

This shows how pathetic the internet is now...

The guy had the opportunity to speak to a EA/dev. rep and the only thing he is talking about is the resolution (which does not matter at all to the people who are actually interested by the game).

Yah, great way to get hits on his article...

Posting the link somewhere is not really better too anyway...

JoeTheBro said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Man, too bad, I didn't think the game was graphically impressive by anymeans (based on the previews) so its odd that its 900p... Better than 720p but still, wtf

Well to be fair it has the second highest resolution for 60fps games on XBONE. Only Forza beats it.

Wait, wasn't nba 2k14 1080p 60 fps?

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Aerys said:

So stop this madness.

This...

Too_Talls said:
JoeTheBro said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Man, too bad, I didn't think the game was graphically impressive by anymeans (based on the previews) so its odd that its 900p... Better than 720p but still, wtf

Well to be fair it has the second highest resolution for 60fps games on XBONE. Only Forza beats it.

Wait, wasn't nba 2k14 1080p 60 fps?

I sure wouldn't know.

Also rayman legends is. So it's the fourth highest resolution for 60 fps ;)