By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will Xbox One Go Lower Than Wii U?

Vote!

Xbox One will stabilize below Wii U 169 38.24%

Xbox One will stabilize where is is now 64 14.48%

Xbox One will stabilize at Wii U's level 97 21.95%

Titianfall will save the Xbox One 83 18.78%

Your sig 27 6.11%

Total:440
Nintentacle said:
chapset said:
Damkos said:
I predict 3rd party devs saying "x1 sales are not enough to provide quality ports" and a new shift to ps4/wii u multiplats with x1 getting no dlc.

no not really, 3rd party games sell on the X1

Isn't 3D World higher than the #1 Xbox One game?

ya but a Nintendo game on a Nintendo console is not a third party game bro, maybe if it was on ps4 I would see your point

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
wary-wallaroo said:
New here, what's up everyone. So, what I'm wondering is, do people really expect Titanfall to be such a huge game changer? I just don't see it, why are people expecting one game alone to triple US sales when huge exclusives in the past haven't been able to do that? I see the X1 doing maybe 100k the week of Titanfall, then dropping a bit in the second week before going down again to the levels we've seen these past few weeks. Unless I'm missing something here?

Sony also has inFamous in March, and while that may not be as big as inFamous it should still provide a boost (not that the PS4 really needs it). Now, if it was Titanfall + $100 price cut, I'd agree with the big expectations, but as it stands? I don't see it. I think the X1 will be dropping to around Wii U levels, probably a bit higher since it won't totally die in NA. Only thing that has a legitimate chance at turning things around, in my opinion, is a very good price cut and some massive marketing campaign.

This. Down to every letter.

Damkos said:
Nintentacle said:
chapset said:
Damkos said:
I predict 3rd party devs saying "x1 sales are not enough to provide quality ports" and a new shift to ps4/wii u multiplats with x1 getting no dlc.

Sony and MS go for the same "moar fps, moar 1080p, 4k NOW PLOX" crowd. For the past 3 months we've been hearing about PS4 versions being superior in terms of resolution n stuff. I don't care, but quite a lot of people do. A shift is inevitable.

Drop the kinect some say, cut the price by 100 this way. But then you get a weaker PS4 which is the end for xbox in my book.

Had they gone after the casual like Nintendo did, Microsoft would be lucky to sell 20k every weeks lol

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

wait until xbox is release in japan then it will start raping vita and wii u sales

chapset said:
Nintentacle said:
chapset said:
Damkos said:

ya but a Nintendo game on a Nintendo console is not a third party game bro, maybe if it was on ps4 I would see your point

It would be even higher on PS4. Look what Knack did on it. 3D World had much more hype, and has a way higher Metascore.

Around the Network

I've seen the numbers posted before, but would anyone have the numbers for Gears' and MGS4's first week and their respective effect on weekly sales for 360 and PS3 (the week before, during, and maybe after)?

Nintentacle said:
DavidKell said:
I see the possibility of the wii u winning several weeks but long term it depends on to many factors including but not limited to titanfall.
But The Xbox One would normally come out on top because of the third party support but the elephant in the room is the $500 price.

They really should have not included the Kinect so it would have been $400. The price is making sales low, like Vita.

I really don't think that was the issue. I think the whole anti-used games thing, coupled with them gambling on a blue ocean that just wasn't there, is what doomed them.

prayformojo said:
Nintentacle said:
DavidKell said:
I see the possibility of the wii u winning several weeks but long term it depends on to many factors including but not limited to titanfall.
But The Xbox One would normally come out on top because of the third party support but the elephant in the room is the $500 price.

They really should have not included the Kinect so it would have been $400. The price is making sales low, like Vita.

I really don't think that was the issue. I think the whole anti-used games thing, coupled with them gambling on a blue ocean that just wasn't there, is what doomed them.

Or all of those.

prayformojo said:
Nintentacle said:
DavidKell said:

It was combination of the no used games policy, kinect so higher price, and weaker specs than ps4.  

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I would lol so hard if it actually stabilized below Wii U, but I don't think it will. It may fall below Wii U for a few weeks during key Wii U releases, but that's about it.