By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will Xbox One Go Lower Than Wii U?

Vote!

Xbox One will stabilize below Wii U 169 38.24%

Xbox One will stabilize where is is now 64 14.48%

Xbox One will stabilize at Wii U's level 97 21.95%

Titianfall will save the Xbox One 83 18.78%

Your sig 27 6.11%

Total:440
wary-wallaroo said:
I've seen the numbers posted before, but would anyone have the numbers for Gears' and MGS4's first week and their respective effect on weekly sales for 360 and PS3 (the week before, during, and maybe after)?

360 week before Gears-124k

360 week of Gears-169k

360 week after Gears-192k

This was during November so a holiday boost may have already started.

PS3 week before MGS4-128k

PS3 week of MGS4-309k

PS3 week after MGS4-171k

These arent the best comparisons since they are from 1-1.5 years after the consoles launched. Ill try finding better examples of exclusives releasing a few months after launch.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
I would lol so hard if it actually stabilized below Wii U, but I don't think it will. It may fall below Wii U for a few weeks during key Wii U releases, but that's about it.

It wouldn't be funny since the X1 is much much more expensive than a WiiU. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Cheebee said:
Isn't it funny this is actually up for discussion? Several weeks ago a lot would deem it unthinkable.

It's pretty surprising how fast things have turned.

OT: Unless DK really does nothing in NA, then yes. There should be multiple weeks where the Wii U is above the XBO. Those weeks being where the Wii U gets large first party games.

MoHasanie said:
HylianSwordsman said:
I would lol so hard if it actually stabilized below Wii U, but I don't think it will. It may fall below Wii U for a few weeks during key Wii U releases, but that's about it.

it would be funny, cuz wiiu is supposedly a huge flop. That wouldn't look good if it went under, price doesn't matter in the fact. its not nintendo's fault they made it expensive. M$ priced its own console, there fault

MoHasanie said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Maybe not to you, but it'd be funny to me. :P

Around the Network

This is my WW sales prediction for the generation:

1st) PS4: 100 million+
2nd) WiiU: 40-50 million
3rd) Xbox One: 35 million or less (if they're around for 7 years)

tbone51 said:
MoHasanie said:
HylianSwordsman said:

it would be funny, cuz wiiu is supposedly a huge flop. That wouldn't look good if it went under, price doesn't matter in the fact. its not nintendo's fault they made it expensive. M$ priced its own console, there fault

Well true, but with the X1's current weekly sales, I think it is a flop as well. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

tbone51 said:
Cheebee said:
Isn't it funny this is actually up for discussion? Several weeks ago a lot would deem it unthinkable.

if this was only just made in jan, especially in the beginning OMFG This would be f***ing hilarious!

The thread in my sig says hello lol. With adjustments I should end up correct. Also seece made a thread similar to this a few weeks ago asking which would have a better q1. That link is also in my sig under predictions.

I said Xbone would win Jan and March while Wii U would win Feb. Still agree with that. Either this week or next when DK releases ww the Wii U will push ahead. Then Titanfall will bring XBONE back in front. Extending that old prediction I think both will be really close in April and May. Then MK comes out and the Wii U keeps the lead for most weeks in the forseable future.

I really like these type of threads.

If the x1 drops below wiiu, damn. Microsoft will get desperate, and should too! Drop that piece of shit called kinect, and get parity with the ps4 in price. Their power is close enough to make an equal price work. I just feel like the kinect is killing this thing... I can't stand the stupid thing, and will never get one as long as it comes forced in the box. I got a kinect on the 360(cheap, thank god) and thought it was worthless.

MoHasanie said:
tbone51 said:
MoHasanie said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Well true, but with the X1's current weekly sales, I think it is a flop as well. 

Well it still can sell good, just wont be close to ps4. X1 will get a great boost by titanfall, but other than a huge 1st week boost, i see it going back down to 60k level maybe 3 weeks after. What big exclusives do they have after titanfall and before E3