By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Japan launch CELEBRATION (It's here!) - Predictions closed!

Anfebious said:
It's Japan and the launch games look kind of weak. The PS3 launched with 83K there but the PS4 is way better priced.

I am guessing 300k probably.

Ps4 launch line up look better then ps3 and ps2 one.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

Playstation launch line up comparison
http://www.ps4home.com/playstation-launch-titles-compared-ps1-ps2-ps3-ps4-which-sony-console-wins-in-this-area/

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

A lot of high numbers here. If the PS4 manages 800k first week in Japan, it'll have sold about as much as the PS3 did lifetime by March 31st 2007 (end of the 2006 fiscal year) only counting the three major region launch weeks tallied together. That's rather impressive.

Ah just for the fun of it; put me down for 500k

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

For comparisons sake, what were Sony's other consoles opening day/week like? Seeing as how PS4 surpassed PS2/PSP opening sales records around the world, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be the same for Japan.

Around the Network
Xevross said:
AZWification said:

~666k

Oh no you've cursed it now :(.

That's not a curse, that's the number of the Beast!

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Xevross said:
AZWification said:

~666k

Oh no you've cursed it now :(.

That's not a curse, that's the number of the Beast!

Hmmm, when you look at it that way....

440K first week

pezus, could you change mine to 750,000 for the week. The rest remains the same. Thanks!

The PS5 Exists. 

95.737k is what would happen if stock situations are identical to the rest of the world. However Sony would have been holding back stock for this launch, so that could bump the ratio pushing it just up to 150k.

The real question is why did Sony announce ww numbers the other day? Are they expecting a low Japan launch and will hide it by not announcing numbers next week, or are they expecting a huge Japan launch and they want to show off essentially? Sadly the data supports the former, but my heart supports the later.

450k is my final number, although I have no confidence in it whatsoever. The math and statistics just point to such a low number so I don't know what to do.