By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Japan launch CELEBRATION (It's here!) - Predictions closed!

So I heard many stock were sent to Japan. That's why there are supply issue.

Don't make any prediction but if PS4 don't do as great as Europe and USA there, sent the stock to us.....

Around the Network
jacks81x said:
colafitte said:
Uffff, I don't understand how people can be VP of a great company like Bandai-Namco and make this forecast...

"Bandai Namco Vice President Shin Unozawa shared his prediction with the prominent financial newspaper Sankei Shinbun today, mentioning that he thinks that the console will sell between 300,000 and 500,000 units in Japan before the end of the fiscal year on March 31st.

Unozawa-san also expects it to move 6 million units worldwide by the same deadline."

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/20/bandai-namco-vp-expects-ps4-to-sell-300000-500000-units-in-japan-by-end-of-march-6-million-worldwide/

The numbers don't make any sense. He expects only 700k units sold in 42 days, being 300-500k only in Japan??? Seriously, i don't understand anything...

Wouldn't shock me that the VP of Bandai-Namco knows something that the average Joe does not.  I was surprised to see that the PS4 is still readily available on Amazon JP and that there haven't been many reports of throngs of people lining up for the PS4 in Japan yet when it's now only 15 hours away from the JP launch.

It's not the 300-500k units for 5 weeks (for me is still a very low number but acceptable), it's the 6m PS4 WW for 31 March. That's basically impossible. That's why i can't take seriously his prediction for Japan. That, or he is just bad at maths and he forgot about the rest of the world....

The number of the beast is 616 not 666 😳 x

I'm expecting around 350k first week.

550k, 1 million first month. Sold out!

Around the Network
pezus said:
Added table to the OP with all the predictions so far

You may have missed my post but could you change the 7 days number to 750k for me? The rest remain the same.

The PS5 Exists. 

734k (2 days)

1.2M (7 days)

The official sales numbers are in for the PlayStation 3's Japanese debut, thanks to IGN and Famitsu Weekly, and with a surprising result: less than one game was purchased for every PS3 sold -- but just barely; the actual PS3-to-software ratio was 0.98.
The official numbers break down like this:

Total PS3 units sold: 88,400 (33,800 20GB; 54,600 60GB)
Best Selling Game: Riiiiidge Racer 7 (30,300 units)
Second Place: Gundam Crossfire (30,000 units)
Bronze Medal: Resistance: Fall of Man (15,700 units)

''Hadouken!''

Ajax said:
The official sales numbers are in for the PlayStation 3's Japanese debut, thanks to IGN and Famitsu Weekly, and with a surprising result: less than one game was purchased for every PS3 sold -- but just barely; the actual PS3-to-software ratio was 0.98.
The official numbers break down like this:

Total PS3 units sold: 88,400 (33,800 20GB; 54,600 60GB)
Best Selling Game: Riiiiidge Racer 7 (30,300 units)
Second Place: Gundam Crossfire (30,000 units)
Bronze Medal: Resistance: Fall of Man (15,700 units)

They used it as a Blu-ray player. Dedicated players were at around $1000 at that time.

Seeing as PS4 sold 250k in the UK during it's first 48 hours with a population of ~63mil I will go with just under double for Japan with the population ~127mil so my guess is: 475,000 PS4 sales in opening 48 hours.

Could be higher considering that UK was transitioning from xbox to PS this current gen so there should be more legacy sales coming from Japan