By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Media Create; Famitsu & Dengeki (Feb 10-16)

wow never would I have though DK would do those kinda numbers

Around the Network

As expected, catastrophic situation for the Wii U. Nothing else coming until the last day of May.

More than 3 months of Drought.

We may see sub 3k numbers. The Wii U is officially dead.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Vita just need some big ip to sell on part with 3ds

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Damn! really boring week for hardware and a really sad numbers for DKC should have been on 100K range .
I am back. lol. I have been really busy these past few weeks. I really don't have the time to get online for hours so I just get online to log in on facebook and look who sent me a message.

Ah, sorry Noctis.  Welcome back though!  I look forward to your thread next week :)

Donkey Kong, what a bomb :(

If I´m not mistaken, DKC Returns sold over 150K in its first week...but that was the Wii, now we´re talking about the Wii U..

Around the Network

Pretty good 2nd week for Super Heroine Chronicles =)

The Magi game on 3DS totally bombed, it was much higher in COMG. Bamco should really stick to Vita.

3DS nearly down 50% year on year. 10M max this year?

Interesting DK numbers, since we had that whole discussion about the PS4s japanese launch not doing big numbers because of COMG preorders, where it was said that 1 point on average translates 0.5k sales, well DK had 24 points, so those are the ratios:

Media Create: 1:1488
Famitsu: 1:1804

Looks like the whole situation isn't as easy as 1 point equals 500 sales, after all.

But anyway, bad week overall, aside from the Vita I guess, if that number became its baseline then that would actually be acceptable. Next week is where it finally gets interesting again.

I don't like that sub 20k baseline but whatever.

What those DK numbers tell us?

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

DerNebel said:
Interesting DK numbers, especially because of that whole discussion that was going on about the PS4 not going to do big numbers because COMG preorders, where it was said that 1 point on average translates 0.5k sales, well DK had 24 points, so those are the ratios:

Media Create: 1:1488
Famitsu: 1:1804

Looks like the whole situation isn't as easy as 1 point equals 500 sales, after all.

But anyway, bad week overall, aside from the Vita I guess, if that number became its baseline then that would actually be acceptable. Next week is where it finally gets interesting again.

We got to the bottom of that.  Zero was actually talking about the weekly numbers.  DK got 81 points = ~ 40k FW, so he was kinda right...

... except we don't get the weekly numbers for any PS4 games until Sunday, so I'm not quite sure why he was saying that =/