By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS V: Ground Zeroes Console Quality Comparison Video

my god that ps4 version is sexy.

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
Direct download link (MUCH BETTER):

http://trailers-ak.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/1/t_metalgearsolidv_consolecomparison_10kbps.mp4

Weren't it for the framerate, the X1 version would seem closer to last gen than PS4.

We'll have to wait and see on framerate. According to at least a few tweets the XBONE has issues. It could be stuck about halfway between last gen and PS4. That's assuming PS360 can keep a locked 30fps lol.

Maybe the answer to my "Are XBONE graphics closer to Wii U than PS4?" thread isn't "so damn obvious" as one user put it.

Weird, while the PS4 version stands out sharper, the X1 looks very close to the 360 in these examples but good framerate.

My 8th gen collection

JoeTheBro said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Direct download link (MUCH BETTER):

http://trailers-ak.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/1/t_metalgearsolidv_consolecomparison_10kbps.mp4

Weren't it for the framerate, the X1 version would seem closer to last gen than PS4.

We'll have to wait and see on framerate. According to at least a few tweets the XBONE has issues. It could be stuck about halfway between last gen and PS4. That's assuming PS360 can keep a locked 30fps lol.

Maybe the answer to my "Are XBONE graphics closer to Wii U than PS4?" thread isn't "so damn obvious" as one user put it.

It's still damn obvious. With very few exceptions, XONE games are still head and shoulders above last gen. MGS:GZ being an ugly port doesn't change that.

OT: Aren't all the games 720p? Why is it that, with the exception of the PS4, pictures shrunken down to what appears to be 480p are still so blurry? Is it low texture res? Honest question.

PS4>PS3 easy to see.

Xb one>Xb360 sometimes harder to see it a universal difference, some elements look very much the same and other elements are notably better.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
archbrix said:

Seems like Konami is really trying to push the appeal of the PS4 version with this video. With the 1080p and the 60fps, I have to admit it worked on me.

Are you now gonna purchase a PS4 for what looks like a demo ?

No, but they were successful in convincing me that the PS4 version is not only better, but significantly better.

archbrix said:
archbrix said:

Seems like Konami is really trying to push the appeal of the PS4 version with this video. With the 1080p and the 60fps, I have to admit it worked on me.

No, but they were successful in convincing me that the PS4 version is not only better, but significantly better.

It looks like 1080p is a big deal ...

PS4 version has not only a better resolution but also a dynamic sky compared to a paint sky on the other versions !

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

archbrix said:

If that is indeed all it is.  It's really hard to determine without seeing it running in front of you, but from the video to me the XB1 version just seems to be lesser in graphic fidelity overall - much closer to the current gen versions than to the PS4 version in more than just resolution.  At least the frame rate looks good, but it's nothing like the way Battlefield 4 looks significantly better on XB1 than 360/PS3.

archbrix said:
archbrix said:

If that is indeed all it is.  It's really hard to determine without seeing it running in front of you, but from the video to me the XB1 version just seems to be lesser in graphic fidelity overall - much closer to the current gen versions than to the PS4 version in more than just resolution.  At least the frame rate looks good, but it's nothing like the way Battlefield 4 looks significantly better on XB1 than 360/PS3.

The only difference that I can tell is that the PS4 version has some atmospheric simulation going on in the background and the rest is just a jump in higher resolution. 720p just feels quite a bit blurrier and the shimmering just tears my eyes out but that's just me speaking as a PC gamer.