By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - %99 of music is crap today.

darthdevidem01 said:
Adele is the most popular musician today...she aint auto tunes or sexed up. Do you like her?

Weird.. The last video on her VEVO channel  which is the Skyfall song was  uploaded a year ago.. I wonder what is she up to..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I think autotune is one of the best things to happen to the industry. I want to see a future where performers are replaceable and composers are who people follow.

AZWification said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Adele is the most popular musician today...she aint auto tunes or sexed up. Do you like her?

Weird.. The last video on her VEVO channel  which is the Skyfall song was  uploaded a year ago.. I wonder what is she up to..

It is rumored she is going to release the lead single from her new album this March. ^_^

You know the music scene today is bad when people start referencing Korn and Linkin Park as quality artists. Why not throw Limp Bizkit in there too?

Pop / mainstream music over the last couple of years has SLOWLY started producing some quality tracks and features some talented artists again, but overall I agree that today's mainstream music industry, especially in the US, is easily 95% disposable garbage.

I can't say that music as a whole sucks today, because there's alot of great bands and artists that I've discovered out there. Of course you'll never hear them on the radio because they can't be packaged neatly into the latest smart phone or car ad, and the artist's label isn't part of the giant corporate machine that's been churning out all these cookie-cutter artists and songs for the past 15 years now.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

"now there just nothing but crap pop acts"

Only if all you listen to is top 40. There's more great shit coming out now than ever before, you're just not looking hard enough.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:

It is rumored she is going to release the lead single from her new album this March. ^_^

Really? That's very  good  if true. She is a really talented female singer and one I respect, because she is  famous for her  talent and not  for her  ass shaking skills and/ or big boobs  like most female singers nowadays..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Maybe in the mainstream. There are loads of great artist that dont get enough attention.

Good of you to notice.

Yeah its been crap. Better technology actually turned music into generic crap and/or just noise.

I remember when there were lost of great tunes from the 80's and the 90's but then it all died. Theres no more talent around, or they unlearned how to make new music cause of the new technology doing it for them.

This applies to game music aswell. But i think the proliferation of voice acting led to it beeing mostly ignored.

99% of music sucked in then 70's too. It's just that we only remember the best.

Like in gaming.

You are right. All of this pop stars are for one season. And they will do everything for being popular . Sex, drugs and alcohol are normal for them. They are popular not for their music but only by scandals. It's sucks. But when we have someone really interesting (M. Jackson A. Winehouse, etc.) we loose them ... 

<a href="http://architect-in-london.com/">Architect in London</a>