By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - %99 of music is crap today.

i'm sure that is what they said about Mozart too.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

I thought I was alone OP!   LOL

It has always been like that. It might be harder to find the good stuff though, crap that gets plugged is mostly put out there to make money. Even artists conform to popular demand, just listen to the first two Kings of Leon albums.

Producers and 'musicians' have gotten a better sense of what sells to the masses and act upon that.

And ofcourse does the shallowness of the masses attribute to the fact that Bieber earns millions. Who gets to decide what actually becomes 'mainstream'?

LiquorandGunFun said:

I thought I was alone OP!   LOL

I love that episode. 

I disagree. I really like the music that has come out especially in the last few years. Music shouldn't be evaluated, it should be enjoyed. You don't choose the music you like, it chooses you because it makes you feel good. That's how it is for me, at least.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

99% of music has always sucked, it's just that only the good stuff from the old days has survived

curl-6 said:
99% of music has always sucked, it's just that only the good stuff from the old days has survived

I dunno what will survive from these days tho, all mainstream music seems to suck nowadays, I was really into mainstream music a decade ago, not so much now due to crap on radio.

Way to kill variety

If all music were to be the same I would shoot myself

How about spend more time listening to that 1% of good music wrather than moaning about the other 99% you hate?

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I agree. Lana Del Rey is that 1%

That's quite a conclusion considering you haven't even heard 99% of the music today.... Have you ever though that maybe you're just listening to all of the terrible music which is skewing your perception?

There is a lot of really brilliant music being made today. It just isn't being being published and promoted the way it used to be. I do agree that most of what you'll find on the radio or tv is going to be garbage.