By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW & HW UP!! - Week ending Feb 8 (ADJUSTMENTS - PS4 157k, X1 54k, WiiU 36k - PS4 64% marketshare)

pezus said:
Zero999 said:
pezus said:

1.5m/year is 29k/week on average. You don't think PS4's third week can be higher than PS3's average weekly sales (it should only need about 35k to top WiiU WW)

bolded: there's another of the points I wrote.

Elaborate. I'm not following. Do you disagree or what?

Point 3: (heavily) underestimating wii u sales.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
pezus said:
Zero999 said:

horrible try of putting words in my mouth. if those were the vita pre orders, we still have to know the points in SALES and compare to the actual sales.

what I know is that lately, it's rare for 1 point = 1k.

You were, just minutes ago, translating PS4 game pre-orders to actual hardware sales...Tell me you see the contradiction here.

WRONG AGAIN, I'm using ps4 game pre orders points to get possible sales points. I'm translating these POSSIBLE SALES SPOINTS into sales.

Again, for you to have no doubt: pre orders points-> sales points-> actual sales.

Yes but you need an appropriate ratio to convert from one into the other, some games manage barely 400sales per COMG point, others it's nearly 3000 per point. You can say it will be 500sales per point, but at the end of the day that's extremely arbitrary, and even if you were right people would always argue in the meantime that it should be something different

Even if your methodology got you a fairly accurate prediction, it could be argued that it was simply coincidental. Now I don't really want to take sides in this, I'm just pointing out that, IMHO, you're placing too much value in COMG scores, they can be very inconsistant without proper comparisons. That should be your first step in backing up your opinion, working out ratios with previous launches and applying them to the PS4 COMG numbers

Zero999 said:

how many points did they get in sales vs points in pre orders? anyway, we are seeing many games get 0.5k per point lately.

Yes, and those are on established consoles.  How are you not seeing the difference here?  There's consoles which have been on the market for years and there are consoles which are just launching now.  Which one is PS4?

It's all in the table, but just to make it absolutely clear to you I will write it out again:

HOT SHOTS GOLF - 59 points on COMG - 56k FW sales.

UNCHARTED - 45 points on COMG - 44k FW sales.

DISGAEA - 34 points on COMG - 25k FW sales.

DYNASTY WARRIORS - 33 points on COMG - 29k FW sales.

LORD OF APOCALYPSE - less than 18 points on COMG - 32k FW sales.

RIDGE RACER - less than 18 points on COMG - 18k FW sales.

SHIN KAMAITACHI NO YORU - less than 18 points on COMG - 16k FW sales.

DREAM CLUB - less than 18 points on COMG - 10k FW sales.

And so on.

pezus said:
Justagamer said:
Blood_Tears said:
pezus said:
Justagamer said:
Blood_Tears said:

When did I say that?  Just after a ban and already making false accusations.  Your going to be a real treat here.  :)

It seemed implied. What else did you mean then? And there's no  need for low blows here.  I simply said based on past hardware trends that the ps4 wasn't going to set Japan on fire. You said great logic.... So whatever. It's ok if you don't like me. I think I can still sleep knowing that. Lol 

Did you base your PS4 predictions in the west on PS3 trends in the west, too?

Boom!    That's my implication to him!  Somebody gets it.   :)

Boom! Neither of you make any sense! We were talking about Japan. So America has any bearing in Japan, in what way?  And also, show me where and when I made any west based sales predictions for the ps4.... I'll wait while you come up with something....  That's my implication to you.... Boom! Lol, what a joke. The whole subject was Japan, but you guys want to twist things into what it wasn't, so if you can, try and stick to the  original subject. If you can handle that. I'll remind you again. It was about how the ps4 won't sell like crazy in Japan... JAPAN, and show me, again, where I ever made a sales prediction about the ps4 in the west.... You guys are lost. Boom! Lol

Here it is. This is what I have to say:

Lol, we were also talking about PS4 and for some reason you wanted to bring PS3 into it. How is PS3 comparable to PS4 IN JAPAN yet we can't even use sales in the West as proof that PS4 is way more popular than PS3?

You clearly misunderstood. Boom! Chillax, man.

Because console sales in America have been stronger than ever. Japan on the other hand hasn't been. It's an observation, a prediction. If it's wrong and the ps4 sells like hotcakes, then remind me about later and I'll gladly eat that crow. To answer your question a second time, show me where and when I ever made any prediction about the ps4 sales in the west.

I'm confused by all these COMG numbers

I mean launch sales are more related to how much shipment the company do in day one than the preorders.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Zero999 said:

how many points did they get in sales vs points in pre orders? anyway, we are seeing many games get 0.5k per point lately.

Yes, and those are on established consoles.  How are you not seeing the difference here?  There's consoles which have been on the market for years and there are consoles which are just launching now.  Which one is PS4?

It's all in the table, but just to make it absolutely clear to you I will write it out again:

HOT SHOTS GOLF - 59 points on COMG - 56k FW sales.

UNCHARTED - 45 points on COMG - 44k FW sales.

DISGAEA - 34 points on COMG - 25k FW sales.

DYNASTY WARRIORS - 33 points on COMG - 29k FW sales.

LORD OF APOCALYPSE - less than 18 points on COMG - 32k FW sales.

RIDGE RACER - less than 18 points on COMG - 18k FW sales.

SHIN KAMAITACHI NO YORU - less than 18 points on COMG - 16k FW sales.

DREAM CLUB - less than 18 points on COMG - 10k FW sales.

And so on.

Ok, not exactly what I asked but I found the sales points vs actual sales of some.

ethomaz said:

I'm confused by all these COMG numbers

I mean launch sales are more related to how much shipment the company do in day one than the preorders.

Most sense I've heard in this thread for a while :).

Zero999 said:

Ok, not exactly what I asked but I found the sales points vs actual sale sof some.

You're confusing me now.  By sales points do you mean weekly numbers?  As in, the numbers we get every Sunday rather than every day?

In which case, you're correct, those points are normally around 0.5k per point in terms of first week sales.

But we won't get those numbers until the Sunday of the PS4 launch, so we have no idea what they are at the moment.  All we have to go on is the daily pre-order numbers (where generally 1 point = 1k sales).

3ds & PS4 selling well,wonder what kind of launch sony will have in japan

Above & Beyond

Justagamer said:
Blood_Tears said:
Justagamer said:
Blood_Tears said:
pezus said:
Justagamer said:
Blood_Tears said:

When did I say that?  Just after a ban and already making false accusations.  Your going to be a real treat here.  :)

It seemed implied. What else did you mean then? And there's no  need for low blows here.  I simply said based on past hardware trends that the ps4 wasn't going to set Japan on fire. You said great logic.... So whatever. It's ok if you don't like me. I think I can still sleep knowing that. Lol 

Did you base your PS4 predictions in the west on PS3 trends in the west, too?

Boom!    That's my implication to him!  Somebody gets it.   :)

Boom! Neither of you make any sense! We were talking about Japan. So America has any bearing in Japan, in what way?  And also, show me where and when I made any west based sales predictions for the ps4.... I'll wait while you come up with something....  That's my implication to you.... Boom! Lol, what a joke. The whole subject was Japan, but you guys want to twist things into what it wasn't, so if you can, try and stick to the  original subject. If you can handle that. I'll remind you again. It was about how the ps4 won't sell like crazy in Japan... JAPAN, and show me, again, where I ever made a sales prediction about the ps4 in the west.... You guys are lost. Boom! Lol

Well somebody is all worked up today, I’m sure a few deep breaths will help with that. Regardless of your side conversation about Japan, the name of the thread is “Global HW”.  Try not to get so worked up when someone makes a relevant point about different region sales in a “Global sales” thread.  Awe well though, by all means, keep on “Booming”     :)

Wow, you were directly responding to a post about how the ps4 will not set Japan on fire with its sales. Now you are going to pretend you didn't? So please, if you can't remember what you respond to, stop responding and playing the "I didn't talk about that" card. Go back and re read what you originally responded to. It's all there. So you obviously have nothing relevant to say about it, so you try some very weak attempt to back track. And yes, this is a ww sales theead, and Japan last I checked, was a part of this earth.(right?) lol. Really funny attempt at playing ignorant to the very topic you directly commented on, but go ahead, pretend it never happened! Boom boom! Lol

"Stop the fighting and bickering!"