By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW & HW UP!! - Week ending Feb 8 (ADJUSTMENTS - PS4 157k, X1 54k, WiiU 36k - PS4 64% marketshare)

Blood_Tears said:
pezus said:
Justagamer said:
Blood_Tears said:

When did I say that?  Just after a ban and already making false accusations.  Your going to be a real treat here.  :)

It seemed implied. What else did you mean then? And there's no  need for low blows here.  I simply said based on past hardware trends that the ps4 wasn't going to set Japan on fire. You said great logic.... So whatever. It's ok if you don't like me. I think I can still sleep knowing that. Lol 

Did you base your PS4 predictions in the west on PS3 trends in the west, too?

Boom!    That's my implication to him!  Somebody gets it.   :)

Boom! Neither of you make any sense! We were talking about Japan. So America has any bearing in Japan, in what way?  And also, show me where and when I made any west based sales predictions for the ps4.... I'll wait while you come up with something....  That's my implication to you.... Boom! Lol, what a joke. The whole subject was Japan, but you guys want to twist things into what it wasn't, so if you can, try and stick to the  original subject. If you can handle that. I'll remind you again. It was about how the ps4 won't sell like crazy in Japan... JAPAN, and show me, again, where I ever made a sales prediction about the ps4 in the west.... You guys are lost. Boom! Lol

Around the Network
Justagamer said:
Blood_Tears said:
pezus said:
Justagamer said:
Blood_Tears said:

When did I say that?  Just after a ban and already making false accusations.  Your going to be a real treat here.  :)

It seemed implied. What else did you mean then? And there's no  need for low blows here.  I simply said based on past hardware trends that the ps4 wasn't going to set Japan on fire. You said great logic.... So whatever. It's ok if you don't like me. I think I can still sleep knowing that. Lol 

Did you base your PS4 predictions in the west on PS3 trends in the west, too?

Boom!    That's my implication to him!  Somebody gets it.   :)

Boom! Neither of you make any sense! We were talking about Japan. So America has any bearing in Japan, in what way?  And also, show me where and when I made any west based sales predictions for the ps4.... I'll wait while you come up with something....  That's my implication to you.... Boom! Lol, what a joke. The whole subject was Japan, but you guys want to twist things into what it wasn't, so if you can, try and stick to the  original subject. If you can handle that. I'll remind you again. It was about how the ps4 won't sell like crazy in Japan... JAPAN, and show me, again, where I ever made a sales prediction about the ps4 in the west.... You guys are lost. Boom! Lol

Well somebody is all worked up today, I’m sure a few deep breaths will help with that. Regardless of your side conversation about Japan, the name of the thread is “Global HW”.  Try not to get so worked up when someone makes a relevant point about different region sales in a “Global sales” thread.  Awe well though, by all means, keep on “Booming”     :)

Zero999 said:

game pre orders indicate 150k software (maybe less) because they're sitting at around 150 points right now (134 that we know + minor titles thet don't sow up).

it should raise to 160 points or so untill launch. SALES points, even if they get to 250 would still mean sales of around 120k-150k at best.

You mentioned vita, it sold 320k hardware and 274 software, it doesn't matter what the best selling title was since we are talking about totals.

3ds sold 372 hardware and 344 software, wii u sold 306k hardware and 372 software.

Give or take, we have a pattern of hardware being 20% more or less the software. maybe 3ds and vita sold more consoles than games because of more digital sales, maybe it's a handheld thing. regardless, if ps4 combined software gets around 150k combined, the range of hardware would be 120k-180k. what you can't do is simply say: consoles a,b and c sold this much on launch, so ps4 will match those numbers.

You're assuming that the only software bought for the PS4 will be what is pre-ordered. You should compare the PS4 software pre order numbers with the other consoles pre order numbers, not the sales.

Xevross said:
Zero999 said:

game pre orders indicate 150k software (maybe less) because they're sitting at around 150 points right now (134 that we know + minor titles thet don't sow up).

it should raise to 160 points or so untill launch. SALES points, even if they get to 250 would still mean sales of around 120k-150k at best.

You mentioned vita, it sold 320k hardware and 274 software, it doesn't matter what the best selling title was since we are talking about totals.

3ds sold 372 hardware and 344 software, wii u sold 306k hardware and 372 software.

Give or take, we have a pattern of hardware being 20% more or less the software. maybe 3ds and vita sold more consoles than games because of more digital sales, maybe it's a handheld thing. regardless, if ps4 combined software gets around 150k combined, the range of hardware would be 120k-180k. what you can't do is simply say: consoles a,b and c sold this much on launch, so ps4 will match those numbers.

You're assuming that the only software bought for the PS4 will be what is pre-ordered. You should compare the PS4 software pre order numbers with the other consoles pre order numbers, not the sales.

you clearly hasn't read my post. I'm taking into consideration pre order points and their possible first week SALES points.

and as an example: NSMBU 157 points 8 days before release, first week sales, 166k (don't know the sales points). ps4 games combined 160-170 points upon release(right now it's less than that, I'm counting the next days of pre orders).

Zero999 said:
Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:

U never get tired of being wrong 

so, you also think ps4 will sell several hundred thousand on japan's launch?

The WiiU, Vita, and 3DS all launched with over 300k FW. If they can do it then so can the PS4. 

Ilogical. I'm looking at comgnet pre orders and the numbers aren't high.

You're placing way too much emphasis on COMG preorders. The translation from preorder numbers to software sales seems to be all over the place so I'm not even sure how you get definitive hardware numbers from it. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
pezus said:
POE said:
fatslob-:O said:
It's exactly gonna be like 6th gen all over again.

With one little difference: to make a game now demands more money and more time. So if Gen 6 repeats itself, the xbox brand will be out of bussines (and if it weren´t for the 3DS Nintendo would be out too). Not good for the industry.

Xbox brand out of business? Lol, do you know Microsoft?

Nintendo just need to hurry up with their next console and hope it sticks this time

This LOL.

Yeah are they Sega or something lol?

Zero999 said:
Xevross said:
Zero999 said:

you clearly hasn't read my post. I'm taking into consideration pre order points and their possible first week SALES points.

and as an example: NSMBU 157 points 8 days before release, first week sales, 166k (don't know the sales points). ps4 games combined 160-170 points upon release(right now it's less than that, I'm counting the next days of pre orders).

I did read it and I'm sorry if I misundrstood something. Those software numbers you wrote for the other consoles, are they FW sales or the pre order totals for their games. For example you said 3ds sold 372 hardware and 344 software. Do you mean it had 344 software pre-orders or those were the first week software sales?

Xevross said:
Zero999 said:

I did read it and I'm sorry if I misundrstood something. Those software numbers you wrote for the other consoles, are they FW sales or the pre order totals for their games. For example you said 3ds sold 372 hardware and 344 software. Do you mean it had 344 software pre-orders or those were the first week software sales?

those are the sales, pre orders were much less. As I said in the example: NSMBU had 157 points in PRE ORDERS, 8 days before release. the FW SALES were 166k, so the SALES points must have been between 250 and 300. another example, dragon quest monsters had 400+ points in pre order. FW sales were 1000 points and the actual number was 450k.

and the launch ps4 games that showed up in the top 20 are adding around 134 points right now. it might be 150 if we count the smaller ones.

Zero999 said:

those are the sales, pre orders were much less. As I said in the example: NSMBU had 157 points in PRE ORDERS, 8 days before release. the FW SALES were 166k, so the SALES points must have been between 250 and 300. another example, dragon quest monsters had 400+ points in pre order. FW sales were 1000 points and the actual number was 450k.

and the launch ps4 games that showed up in the top 20 are adding around 134 points right now. it might be 150 if we count the smaller ones.

Oh ok that makes sense, so pre order points for the PS4 are currently about 160, but this means that actual sales points will be above 300 (going from the examples you gave) which puts the PS4 inline with the Vita, WiiU and 3DS and thus may sell above 300k. Unless I'm misunderstanding again.

pezus said:
Zero999 said:

Q: How many software points did Vita have at the same time before launch?

I don't know. I don't have acess to this data.