By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Countdown To PS4 Regaining Its Throne Becoming Market Leader 300k To GO! How Many Weeks Do You Believe Are Left?

Japan Launch, plain and simple. It will overshadow the Wii U for a few weeks in Japan, and give a huge boost in sales.

Around the Network

By the end of the day Feb. 22nd in Japan.

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Don't worry - I'll make sure that the milestone is an important event on VGC.

I guess we'll never see it then :0

Hey tone, do you think the PS4 will be the top selling system this year?

It feels good to know that PlayStation has a good chance of being the market leader once more. Despite a very rocky start, the PS3 sold wonders, albeit short of their PS1 and PS2 brothers.

It is possible that the PS4 could reach 100M this time around. All hail the king.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Don't worry - I'll make sure that the milestone is an important event on VGC.

I guess we'll never see it then :0

Hey tone, do you think the PS4 will be the top selling system this year?

of course and by far. IMO PS4 is looking at minimum 12mil... maximum 16mil. Nobody will be close.

Im just saying that even though PS3 is having a good start this year, i dont think it'll pass 100mil anymore, it was adjusted several times already including one that was about 1mil overtracked.

My guess is ps3 will end up with 93mil-96mil.

Am i saying its impossible for ps3 to get a million? Of course not, just not likely as much as we believed months ago

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
bubblegamer said:
Zero999 said:

I didn't understand your past tense.

What's not clear about it? You were expecting big numbers? Were are those numbers?

Where is donkey kong release on most of the world?

yeah dude seeing what DK did to HW in JP, what 2013 exclusive SW did to it aswell and all the members of John lucas' squad leaving here i think its time to give up

DK isnt gonna do anything meaningful to WiiU HW sales when it releases in the rest of the world and certainly not enough to keep it at number 1 in market share i can 100% guarantee that

Play Me

Tomorrow :v

When it launches in Japan... so in about 15... not weeks... not days either. Hours.

tbone51 said:

of course and by far. IMO PS4 is looking at minimum 12mil... maximum 16mil. Nobody will be close.

Im just saying that even though PS3 is having a good start this year, i dont think it'll pass 100mil anymore, it was adjusted several times already including one that was about 1mil overtracked.

Am i saying its impossible for ps3 to get a million? Of course not, just not likely as much as we believed months ago

If the PS4 is the best selling system by far with a minimum of 12M, how much would the 3DS sell this year?

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

If the PS4 is the best selling system by far with a minimum of 12M, how much would the 3DS sell this year?

why does it matter wat 3DS sells? Anyway the way its looking now 8mil-10mil. There is still plenty of room for it to increase weekly. Still no price cut, 2DS unreleased in japan.