By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Countdown To PS4 Regaining Its Throne Becoming Market Leader 300k To GO! How Many Weeks Do You Believe Are Left?

bubblegamer said:
Zero999 said:
DialgaMarine said:

by the time the Japan Launch comes, the gap should have shrunk down to around 300K. PS4 should easily sell 300K more units than the Wii-U that week, especially seeing the sheer lack of games for the Wii-U. Once the Japan launch is complete, the PS4 flood gates will have opened even wider and total domination will ensue. Just bring on the games, Sony. This E3 is gonna be good.

I see 3 factors in this post and the topic in general.

1. people overestimating ps4's west sales.

2. people overestimating ps4's japan launch.

3. people underestimating wii u's numbers with the donkey kong launch.

huh? What kind of numbers were you expecting then?

I didn't understand your past tense.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
bubblegamer said:
Zero999 said:
DialgaMarine said:

by the time the Japan Launch comes, the gap should have shrunk down to around 300K. PS4 should easily sell 300K more units than the Wii-U that week, especially seeing the sheer lack of games for the Wii-U. Once the Japan launch is complete, the PS4 flood gates will have opened even wider and total domination will ensue. Just bring on the games, Sony. This E3 is gonna be good.

I see 3 factors in this post and the topic in general.

1. people overestimating ps4's west sales.

2. people overestimating ps4's japan launch.

3. people underestimating wii u's numbers with the donkey kong launch.

huh? What kind of numbers were you expecting then?

What's not clear about it? You were expecting big numbers? Were are those numbers?

bubblegamer said:
Zero999 said:

What's not clear about it? You were expecting big numbers? Were are those numbers?

Where is donkey kong release on most of the world?

Zero999 said:
bubblegamer said:
Zero999 said:

So that's how you want to play this? I'll reply to this message next week then

bubblegamer said:
Zero999 said:

So that's how you want to play this? I'll reply to this message next week then

two can play this. where is the ps4 japan launch results? and infamous?

Around the Network

The Japan launch.

Just about there. :)

BHR-3 said:
Downanime00 said:
BHR-3 said:

As you may or may not know we are about to witness the PS brand console regaining and maintaining the top spot as WW market leader in a matter of weeks.  For those that dont know the PS console established a long stretch of being the number one selling console with the PS1 and 2 that lasted till the 7th gen when the PS3 failed to overtake the Wii and even the 360 the entire gen.  The PS1 and 2 steamed rolled over there competition and never looked back having the highest percentage in market share that we never seen before aswell as given birth to at the time many console exclusives that where born on the PS console many of these franchises are still alive today sadly all becoming multiplatform.

With recent sales trend showing the PS4 sales werent just front loaded with WiiU constantly failing to make any comeback with recent February NPD showing possible adjustments in PS4s favor, and Xbox One possing no threats we are just what i believe a few short weeks left before we can all witness the phenmenum.

Countdown

Week 
WiiU PS4 XboxOne
2/1/2014 5,676,622 5,060,425 3,442,016

Post when you believe PS4 will become the market leadedif at all and if it will remain market leader

What the heck are you talking about?  According to VGChartz, the PS3  is beating X360 sales WW already and it will continued to sales more because it's still got some amazing JRPG coming out on it.  I wouldn't be surprise to see it come close to beating the Wii once it's over.  I will only considered a Gen is over once there is not even a single game coming out for that console like the Wii

i agree that PS3 may pass the Wii and hit 100M but for the entire gen it was not even close to being market leader if the PS3 does infact surpass the Wii it will be yrs form now making the milestone unimportant as the gen ran its course years ago 

Don't worry - I'll make sure that the milestone is an important event on VGC.

Weeks? LOL. We're just hours away from that happening.

(yes I know this thread was made a few days ago but I still find it humorous)

Lawlight said:

Don't worry - I'll make sure that the milestone is an important event on VGC.

I guess we'll never see it then :0