By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which fanbase is worse? FFVII Diehards vs Genwunner

Tagged games:

Which is worse?

Final Fantasy VII 33 33.67%

Genwunners 65 66.33%

Total:98

Genwunners, I simply cant with those guys, to them a pokeball with eyes is more original than a stalactite with snow or a mutated garbage bag

Around the Network

Well I think FF7 was a fun game (played it a little when it was new but I myself was very young then... so I didn't understand too much, finished it around two years ago), but wouldn't really bother to play it again. Red/Blue feels really outdated, with all the glitches and stuff. But sometimes I fire up the old Game Boy just to play it a little... mostly to do the missingno trick since it's fun.

I could see how a FF7 remake would be nice to have, but complaining about newer Pokémon? That's just annoying. So I'll say that "genwunners" (heard of the term but it's not widely used AFAIK) are the worst.

Yep.

Kyuu said:
It's far more common within FF6's "diehard" community to bitch and whine about newer Final Fantasy games, especially 7.

Serious FF6 fans often appretiate the other FF games though. Like the formerly underrated FF9.

Trentonater said:
Kyuu said:
It's far more common within FF6's "diehard" community to bitch and whine about newer Final Fantasy games, especially 7.

Serious FF6 fans often appretiate the other FF games though. Like the formerly underrated FF9.

it's the same for the FF VII fans. I see them appreciate older FFs even if their first FF is FF VII. Saw that with my friends and poster around the web. On the contrary I have been seeing a lot of older FF fans mainly FF IV and VI fans bitch about FF VII especially in this sites it's like it's cool for them to say FF VII is overrated. 

It's a common sight for me if someone said FF VII is the best FF someone will whine on how overrated it is. I also see that from FF VIII as well whining on how Emo Squall is and the common offenders are the ones who like the older FF's. You can add FF X in that aswell. It's ok to criticize but to whine and bitch is a different thing.

I don't hate any FF but I dislike certain FF that's how a true fan should be. 

For me this older diehard ff fans are just an elitist. it's like hearing or reading FF VII is like poison for them and can't accept that for many or for some FF VII is the best for them.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Trentonater said:
Kyuu said:

it's the same for the FF VII fans. I see them appreciate older FFs even if their first FF is FF VII. Saw that with my friends and poster around the web. On the contrary I have been seeing a lot of older FF fans mainly FF IV and VI fans bitch about FF VII especially in this sites it's like it's cool for them to say FF VII is overrated. 

It's a common sight for me if someone said FF VII is the best FF someone will whine on how overrated it is. I also see that from FF VIII as well whining on how Emo Squall is and the common offenders are the ones who like the older FF's. You can add FF X in that aswell. It's ok to criticize but to whine and bitch is a different thing.

I don't hate any FF but I dislike certain FF that's how a true fan should be. 

For me this older diehard ff fans are just an elitist. it's like hearing or reading FF VII is like poison for them and can't accept that for many or for some FF VII is the best for them.

FFVII and FFVIII are very different from the previous games. In the eyes of someone that really likes the older ones, they aren't even the same series. They wouldn't like seeing those games compared to theirs. They are mostly that way due to experiences with the FFVII diehards mentioned before.

There is seriously no "true fan" though as it is all subjective.

Around the Network
Trentonater said:

1. FFVII and FFVIII are very different from the previous games. In the eyes of someone that really likes the older ones, they aren't even the same series. They wouldn't like seeing those games compared to theirs.

2. They are mostly that way due to experiences with the FFVII diehards mentioned before.

3. There is seriously no "true fan" though as it is all subjective.

1. That's the whole point this certain fans doesn't like their precious older or mainly FF VI being compared to FF VII. Like I said it's like poison for them. I have seen a lot of these guys attacking a poster that post "FF VII is the best FF". You'll see a barrage of posters attacking FF VII and the guy.

As for it isn't the same series. Please the only difference is, FF VII and FFVIII are just in 3D but it still plays the same. Random battles, ATB system, the battle menu consist of Attack, Magic, Summon and Items. 

2. With my experience. I haven't seen any FF VII guys hating on any other FF besideds FF VII.

3. I think you misunderstood me. A true fan never hates but gives constructive criticism. I liked FF XIII but I still critized it. 

I haven't played any Pokémon game since blue, because I just don't think it has improved enough since then .. and the new Pokémon designs are off-putting.
And I have yet to play a Final Fantasy that is better than 7.

Never heard of teh pokemon on but for me the worst fanbase are teh consoles fanbase s bicker too much on whos more powerful and who should be number one blah blah blah lo instead of jsut playing video games.

Genwunners.

As great as the games of old were, they have not aged well and their mechanics cannot compare to the modern games. I can understand losing track how many pokemon there are today but to say their designs are crap today are not seeing that every generation has shit designs. And if anything I say the designs as a whole are better these days.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Trentonater said:

1. FFVII and FFVIII are very different from the previous games. In the eyes of someone that really likes the older ones, they aren't even the same series. They wouldn't like seeing those games compared to theirs.

2. They are mostly that way due to experiences with the FFVII diehards mentioned before.

3. There is seriously no "true fan" though as it is all subjective.

1. That's the whole point this certain fans doesn't like their precious older or mainly FF VI being compared to FF VII. Like I said it's like poison for them. I have seen a lot of these guys attacking a poster that post "FF VII is the best FF". You'll see a barrage of posters attacking FF VII and the guy.

As for it isn't the same series. Please the only difference is, FF VII and FFVIII are just in 3D but it still plays the same. Random battles, ATB system, the battle menu consist of Attack, Magic, Summon and Items. 

2. With my experience. I haven't seen any FF VII guys hating on any other FF besideds FF VII.

3. I think you misunderstood me. A true fan never hates but gives constructive criticism. I liked FF XIII but I still critized it. 

FFVII and VIII represented the near total abandonment of the series' Dungeons and Dragons roots and the popularization of the jrpg aesthetic that everyone is sick of now. It isn't unreasonable for such people to dislike FFVII or call it overrated. After all, they see another as better yet VII is the only one that gets general recognition.

Just your experiences are in no way indicative of the whole or what other people may experience.

Nobody has the same definition of a true fan. All those in the fanbase are a fan no matter what. Why should a fan not be allowed to hate something they dislike from a series they do like?