By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
curl-6 said:
Zekkyou said:

The PS3 managed GOWIII's scale back in 2010 with relative ease (30 - 60fps), i see no reason i couldn't manage Bayonetta 2's. Especially when it comes to static scale (such as the city in the plane part of B2) there are a lot of way of streamlining the process with very little visual difference.

At the end of the day, 1GB of RAM is still double what PS3 or 360 has. Any situation where over 500MB of assets are required to be in play at once, PS3/360 would hit a brick wall.

I'm just pointing out the game isn't a particularly good example of the WiiU's power, since 90% of it could be accomplished on last gen systems, and the other 10% accomplished with some downgrades. 

To be honest with the WiiU's current sales i doubt we will ever see much of it's power taken advantage off :/ Nintendo certainly haven't put the effort in that's for sure >.<

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
curl-6 said:
Zekkyou said:

The PS3 managed GOWIII's scale back in 2010 with relative ease (30 - 60fps), i see no reason i couldn't manage Bayonetta 2's. Especially when it comes to static scale (such as the city in the plane part of B2) there are a lot of way of streamlining the process with very little visual difference.

At the end of the day, 1GB of RAM is still double what PS3 or 360 has. Any situation where over 500MB of assets are required to be in play at once, PS3/360 would hit a brick wall.

I'm just pointing out the game isn't a particularly good example of the WiiU's power, since 90% of it could be accomplished on last gen systems, and the other 10% accomplished with some downgrades. 

To be honest with the WiiU's current sales i doubt we will ever see much of it's power taken advantage off :/ Nintendo certainly haven't put the effort in that's for sure >.<

It's not an ideal example, I agree, but with Nintendo's games tending towards the pretty but technologically simple, and third parties  either copy+pasting PS3/360 assets or not bothering at all, it's one of the few that seems to be any kind of example at all. 

X and FAST Racing Neo seem to be the only other upcoming games with chipset-pushing ambitions. (And maybe Project Cars, though I have my doubts as it'll be ported from other systems, not built from the ground up) 

Mario Kart 8, Art of Balance, and Yarn Yoshi look to be gorgeous games, but not ones that max out a DX10/11 equivalent GPGPU and 1GB of RAM.

To be honest the PS3 could probably run a gimped version of this game probably 720p especially since its powerpc like the WIi U.

Also since you aren't showing the differences between the same scenes rendered on the two platforms, I only see a difference in art style, and my favorite color is brown.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

this game runs at 720p 60fps. If this was ps3 exclusive it would run about the same or better than the wii u version lol. ok maybe just slightly better on the wii u. Simply because the wii u is negligibly better than the ps3 in terms of hardware performance.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

trixiemafia86 said:
this game runs at 720p 60fps. If this was ps3 exclusive it would run about the same or better than the wii u version lol. ok maybe just slightly better on the wii u. Simply because the wii u is negligibly better than the ps3 in terms of hardware performance.

Cos the PS3 totally has 1GB of RAM to handle the more memory-demanding scenes. Oh wait, no it doesn't.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Zekkyou said:

It's not an ideal example, I agree, but with Nintendo's games tending towards the pretty but technologically simple, and third parties  either copy+pasting PS3/360 assets or not bothering at all, it's one of the few that seems to be any kind of example at all. 

X and FAST Racing Neo seem to be the only other upcoming games with chipset-pushing ambitions. (And maybe Project Cars, though I have my doubts as it'll be ported from other systems, not built from the ground up) 

Mario Kart 8, Art of Balance, and Yarn Yoshi look to be gorgeous games, but not ones that max out a DX10/11 equivalent GPGPU and 1GB of RAM.

I just feel Nintendo should be pushing their own hardware more. They were in a similar situation with the GC but that didn't stop them taking advantage of what they had. Hardware wise the WiiU is a lot less behind the X1/PS4 than the Wii was to the 360/PS3, but looking at it's games you wouldn't have thought so >.<

Zekkyou said:
curl-6 said:
Zekkyou said:

I just feel Nintendo should be pushing their own hardware more. They were in a similar situation with the GC but that didn't stop them taking advantage of what they had. Hardware wise the WiiU is a lot less behind the X1/PS4 than the Wii was to the 360/PS3, but looking at it's games you wouldn't have thought so >.<

Agreed, Nintendo definitely needed to step up and showcase their own hardware, and they haven't done so. The last game they made that pushed their own home console was Mario Galaxy 2; four years ago.

Their inexperience with HD development and programmable shaders can be partly blamed, but its not just the execution that's lacking, its the ambition. Besides X, not one of their games even seems to have aspirations of exploring what the console can really do. Pikmin 3, 3D World, Tropical Freeze, and Smash Bros are pretty much Wii/3DS games with a shiny coat of paint.

withdreday said:

Gonna enjoy playing this on the PS4. Can't wait.

I don't think you have much choice.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

curl-6 said:
Zekkyou said:

Agreed, Nintendo definitely needed to step up and showcase their own hardware, and they haven't done so. The last game they made that pushed their own home console was Mario Galaxy 2; four years ago.

Their inexperience with HD development and programmable shaders can be partly blamed, but its not just the execution that's lacking, its the ambition. Besides X, not one of their games even seems to have aspirations of exploring what the console can really do. Pikmin 3, 3D World, Tropical Freeze, and Smash Bros are pretty much Wii/3DS games with a shiny coat of paint.

Yep :/ Hopefully over the next few years we see them start trying to push the hardware more. For now my hopes shall have to sit in the hands of Zelda :P

Zekkyou said:
curl-6 said:
Zekkyou said:

Yep :/ Hopefully over the next few years we see them start trying to push the hardware more. For now my hopes shall have to sit in the hands of Zelda :P

I wouldn't count on Zelda; we all thought Skyward Sword would show the Wii's best graphics as well, but instead it often looked like a Gamecube game. :(

Like I say, I have my sights set on X, Bayo 2, FAST Racing Neo, and possibly Project Cars. Honourable mentions to Mario Kart 8, Art of B , and Yarn Yoshi for visual appeal.