By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta sold two million copies across two systems- Why do people care about a sequel?

pokoko said:
Bayonetta did pretty well. The really odd thing to me is that Sega didn't fund the sequel. It's almost suspicious, to be honest. The only reason I can think of is that development costs were very high. Pretty sure this is going to lose a nice chunk of money.

It was actually because sega overshipped and over estimated the demand and the retailers requested a refund by contract. 

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Seriously though, I think the trailer looked good and if it came to a system that I want to buy I'd probably buy Bayonetta 2 as well. (Incidently Bayonetta 1 was my first PS3 game and I have its platinum trophy :D)

The majority of the interest for this game stems from its exclusivity though.

Though it's certainly a factor I think this is a little unfair - the original is extremely well liked, in all honesty I'd say it's more of a mix of different things (as with anything really)

spurgeonryan said:

That will probably be delayed till the end of the Wii u's lifecycle in early 2015.

Japanese release is summer 2014, so no.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

It's called a "cult following". Less fans but stronger attachment. Look it up.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Because the first game was insanely fun and one of the best games of the 7th gen.

Around the Network

Because 2m people bought it and maybe even just half of them liked it enough to maybe want to buy a sequel? It seems to have a fairly dedicated following of fans, and its not like 2m is a number to scoff at. Those are pretty solid sales for that kind of quirky game.

I think its even overtracked here based on news posted in these forums regarding the amount shipped.
I bought the first one on ps3 and regretted the purchase. I hated the soundtrack too. had to turn it mute while playing.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Because most people play games, not sales.

I think Bayonetta 2 can get 500k on the WiiU, I wonder if that is enough to turn a profit, Ubisoft say it isn´t, but I do not trust them =/

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Cause Jiggle Physics go far and wide to make a game noticable

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850