By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta sold two million copies across two systems- Why do people care about a sequel?

Exclusivity

/thread

Around the Network

Because people liked the first game and 2 million isn't bad at all.
/thread.

I'm more concerned about the term "huge succeeded" in X.

I was looking forward to playing Bay2 with the same type of controller that I played the first game.

It is not that I dislike the controller, I just hate jumping between different controllers for sequels.

Nintentacle said:
Because people liked the first game and 2 million isn't bad at all.

+

DerNebel said:
Exclusivity

/thread

Around the Network

Because it was probably the most critically acclaimed game of its type last gen from both players and journos, plus it's one of WiiU's few exclusives, especially as one which isn't another Mario (not that there's anything wrong with Mario).

Given the cult following it's developed I personally would be more surprising if people weren't excited for no.2

What do sales of the first game have to with wanting a sequel?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Cause Bayonetta was awesome. It's really not that hard to figure out.

Seriously though, I think the trailer looked good and if it came to a system that I want to buy I'd probably buy Bayonetta 2 as well. (Incidently Bayonetta 1 was my first PS3 game and I have its platinum trophy :D)

The majority of the interest for this game stems from its exclusivity though.

Bayonetta did pretty well. The really odd thing to me is that Sega didn't fund the sequel. It's almost suspicious, to be honest. The only reason I can think of is that development costs were very high. Pretty sure this is going to lose a nice chunk of money.