By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the OFFICIAL "Make God of War (PSP) a Million seller" Thread

well, the only PSX games I played there is FF series. Mostly FFVIII and FFIX and other Enix games.

I've been playing a LOT of Jeanne D'Arc lately, I think it's top 3 games on PSP right now.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

im getting it, its been a while since i bought a psp game

kingofwale said:
well, the only PSX games I played there is FF series. Mostly FFVIII and FFIX and other Enix games.

I've been playing a LOT of Jeanne D'Arc lately, I think it's top 3 games on PSP right now.
Yeah, I just got it for VII, VIII, IX, and Chrono Cross. :p. And I was thinking about getting Jeanne D'arc, but was a little dubious; I've been playing Fire Emblem and FFTA a lot lately a feel a little strategy-RPG'ed out. So it's worth buying? 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

well, Personally I find Jeanne D'arc is the simplified version of FFT, you don't get as much classification (no class, no secondary class), but what you do get is a much more user friendly game, and fantastic graphics.

I would say you wait, since you are already playing two great SRPG games. Get God of War and Crisis Core first. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Whoever's pimping it so hardcore would be ashamed, you forgot Patapon.

Between Jean D'Arc, Disgaea, FFTA 2 and the Fire Emblem remake for the DS this year, I'm going to have my hands full with handheld SRPGs.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
And Wipeout Pure that has also had a great score .

I am buying this ,its all I can do to help .....big reviews as this one are for sure doing a lot more than what I can but hey 1 copy is one copy less to go ....
you mean WipEout Pulse don't you, that got 8.8 and was release a few weeks ago,Pure was a launch title

kingofwale said:
@kspraydad

of the same user from PSPfanboy?

Welcome!
As much as I think it deserves 1.5 mil, i don't think it will, but you can bet your ass more than 1.5 million people will be playing it.

Hey , your a PSfanboy poster to :D Im Alien on tha:D DmeisterJ posts there to :) 

IMO the game will pass the 2 million easily , just like Daxter did , because even if sales will go down , Sony will bundle it :) 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

God of war psp will likely make a million, heck maybe even 2 million.

God of war is one of those top sony franchises, and they are all AAA and amazingly fun(which is what the psp is missing).

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

There is no chance for this game to not pass the 1 million , and Im positive that it will do over 2 . Common , this game is much more hyped than Daxter , and it will have a much bigger debut week , and probably longer legs to ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I don't think GoW: CoO needs our help to reach 1M sold.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer