By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the OFFICIAL "Make God of War (PSP) a Million seller" Thread

hunter_alien said:
kingofwale said:
^I remember seeing MASSIVE ads campaign by Sony when GoW2 was released, I think Sony will do just the same this time. You will probably see some gameplay in the ads too.

On a related topic, LO is having a HUGE campaign here in Canada, but showed NO gameplay, for all people know, it could be a Dynasty Warrior kind of game. lol, sometimes Gears of War ad trailer should be avoided.

They allready started , and yes , there is gameplay in it ( thanks god :D ) .

davygee : I agree , Sony is pushing this game allready , and it will push sistems to . The only games that I think are also sistem sellers are : Crisis Core , KH : BBS , Monster Hunter ( in Japan ) , GTA LCS/VCS and Dissidia if it will be good . Honorable mentions are going for Portable Ops and all the EA sports games , because the PSP is the best handheld for sports games IMO ;)

I disagree bitterly, DS has a lot of quality sports games as well. Feast your eyes on those babies.

Major League Baseball 2k7

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
kingofwale said:
hunter_alien said:
kingofwale said:
^I remember seeing MASSIVE ads campaign by Sony when GoW2 was released, I think Sony will do just the same this time. You will probably see some gameplay in the ads too.

On a related topic, LO is having a HUGE campaign here in Canada, but showed NO gameplay, for all people know, it could be a Dynasty Warrior kind of game. lol, sometimes Gears of War ad trailer should be avoided.

They allready started , and yes , there is gameplay in it ( thanks god :D ) .

davygee : I agree , Sony is pushing this game allready , and it will push sistems to . The only games that I think are also sistem sellers are : Crisis Core , KH : BBS , Monster Hunter ( in Japan ) , GTA LCS/VCS and Dissidia if it will be good . Honorable mentions are going for Portable Ops and all the EA sports games , because the PSP is the best handheld for sports games IMO ;)

I disagree bitterly, DS has a lot of quality sports games as well. Feast your eyes on those babies.

Major League Baseball 2k7

( Pleae , if your post was sarcastick dont minde my answer :P ) I know that it has many great Sports games , but just looking at sales and reviews , you will know that its not the strongest point of the DS . The best example is the flop of PES 08 on the DS , and the success of it on the PSP . I know that the DS has some great sports games ( hell , I even liked how Fifa Street 2 worked on it ) but IMO the PSP is better in that cattegory : 

Metacritics :

Fifa 08 : PSP : 79              DS : 78 ( OK , not a big difference I agree :P ) 

Madden 08 : PSP : 75        DS : 71

PES 06 : PSP : 81              DS : 63

MLB 07 : ( IGN ) PSP : 59       DS : 30  

NFS Carbon : PSP : 73         DS : 70

Fifa Street 2 : PSP : 58        DS : 43

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

lol, honestly, if you want to compare games. PSP games get higher scores over DS in most categories. Other than possibly platformer and puzzle games.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:

Oh ... so you where actually mocking it :P I didnt observed ( stupid me ) . Well for sports games is understandable , because in sports what people really want is realism . The DS on the other hand is great for 2D games , especially minigame collections and puzzle games ( and yes sidescroolers to ) .

well, the Castlevania game looks a lot better on PSP (mixture of 2D and some 3D element), Puzzle Quest looks A LOT better on PSP than DS's counter part.

Honestly, the only thing I use my DS for is Elite Beat and FFXII (RPGs), but when Crisis Core come out, I might trade in my DS.

selnor
Episode 2:
Around the Network

I know what you mean . I bought one in January 4 , and bought for it 7 games ( MKDS , MPH , NSMB , FF3 , LoZ:PH , Brain Training , Sonic A ) and I sold them all last week . I just cant keep my interest in them . Afther playing during the first week all time long , I quickly went back to Logans Shadow and The Warriors .

I know that the DS is a quality handheld , its great , just that it cant win me ( and Ive tried for the second time ) .

Also , I like 3D platformers more ( Daxter , Ratchet ) more than 2D :? And I love the other high-end games like Wipeout , Syphonfilter , MGS , Pursuit Force , Tekken etc.

NOTE for bashers : I like the DS , just that I cant kill my old tastes and habits , so before attacking me that Im bashing the DS ... well read this :P

Woohoo, downloadable demo at the store!!

Developers are really doing a good job of giving demos lately.

Yep ... and this will help probably sales to :)

Wow, I'm buying this game for sure, the demo was the best game I've ever played on PSP.

I heard Patapon is selling at a discounted price? 30 missions and about 14 hours of gameplay (according to IGN video review), Wow, I'm getting that too.

7-10 hours for an experienced GoW fan. It's not as long, but it's in Uncharted/Gears of War area.

I've never really played GoW series, so it will probably take me about 12-14 hours.

selnor
Episode 2: