By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why can't console fans accept the PS4 is the most powerful console?

I am a Xbox fan, but I accepted PS4 is the most powerful console in the new gen since the beginning because it is just a fact. No need to argue and no need to spin. MS made some stupid decisions on Xbox One and now they are suffering from it.

However, I quite dislike Sony fans frequently troll Microsoft and Xbox One by any chance. It is just annoying like hell. I am wondering how many treads will be opened in the next few months to troll Xbox One games are not 1080P/60fps. I hope Sony fans can be tired of this soon and then we can finally discuss and focus on gameplay.

Around the Network

Everyone does agree on it. You're just trying to start another one of those idiotic console tribal things. The way people act about consoles nowadays is ridiculous. So eager to form a sad little tribe to prove that your own opinion on something is somehow superior.

Good Thread!

I wonder about it, too. I mean, if some games would look better on PS4 and some on XBox One I would understand to get new threads about every game but since everyone should know that the PS4 version looks better or the same of any game right now I don't really understand why Sony fans still open these threads every single day since it is not something needed to let people know it.

What I understand even less are threads from Playstation only owners (where it is clear that they will never buy another sytem) about the frames and resolution of games not even on Playstation. But hey, there is always a logic behind posting some gifs from gaf right?

Demensha said:
Why can't song fans accept the Wii won last Gen? Or that the 3ds will win the current Gen? Why. Because some people are stubborn or like to change the rules on how the question js asked. It happens everyday on basically every hot topic discussed across the internet.

plus some people just simply can't deal with it.

I thought everyone agreed that Wii won last gen?

Also, Song fans? lol

The 3DS has already won the handheld market but I very much doubt that it will win the entire gen. The handheld market has declined considerably.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

I think most level headed fans know and admit this, there are only a few extreme mistermediaX clones that are still arguing about it.

Around the Network

And here I was going to write something about how people bring it out all the time. Then I read the OP.

fps_d0minat0r said:
kupomogli said:

I think most people are missing the point of this thread unless you read the entire thing. He's not saying Xbox One fans are denying it's more powerful, even though a lot of them are, he's saying that PS4 fans keep bringing up the power difference with each and every game that shows it.

Basically, he's saying that after four months of having graphical and framerate differences being thrown in their faces, Xbox fans can't take what they've dished out with the 360 to PS3 comparisons.

I know these are cliches but they fit the situation.  Karma is a bitch.  If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen(internets) Deal with it.

THIS

Yeah, this too. It's not like any of the console fan groups here behaved well, yet they all expect everyone else to behave well and not even repeat the things they did. I suppose Nintendo fans have been quite nice lately but it's hard not to be when there's not much to brag about. I'm sure they'd be just as bad if Nintendo was doing better and they were getting more games.

They totally can. It's the PS4 fans who can't stop acting surprised that the PS4 is more powerful.

We all get it. Enjoy your shader cores. That stuff is very cool. Enjoy it.

But yeah... everybody gets it.

FrontlineJaguar said:
I am an Xbox fan and I totally agree that ps4 is more powerful buy all the ps fans forget that ps3 was a powerful system but tough to develop and you guys said Xbox 360 is not powerful but we got halo4 and forza horizon which look gorgeous. I totally agree ps4 is more powerful but we need to give developers time to harness the power of the boxes and let them learn and think of new tricks. We all know what we saw at the last stage of previous console generation(7th) was really good so we need to wait and see but on paper and right now ps4 is powerful. Direct words from an dedicated Xbox fan

This is why these topics do not die..its nothing like ps3, which was inferior in many ways to 360 and hard to code for, it is not for now on paper, the ps4 is quite a bit more powerfull period and will be the whole gen. The gap is a lot bigger then last gen.

x1 has no cell, or alien architecture or power to tap into to make up for the 40% gpu and memory bandwidth.

A rarity these days, but I have to say, well done. You deserve all the applause.

You blew the surprise by using "console fans".

Oh, and the reason this keeps coming up is because people still debate over how big the gap is and how much it matters. It's a two sided debate and it won't be going away anytime soon.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.