By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official - Nintendo Direct February 13 - Focusing on WiiU and 3DS games in Spring

Samus Aran said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Samus Aran said:

What's the point of a Direct if you're not going to announce a single new game for your poorly selling console? May 30 for Mario Kart 8? Geez, how long does it take to make 16 tracks? Nothing new will be added besides that anyway(except some characters and items).

Yeah, not like antigravity karts was new, such a rehash... :P

It really doesn't add anything since the camera follows you. Even if you're riding upside down, you'll not notice it during a race. Except when you ride on walls you kinda notice it, but meh. 

2 advices for you:

- Don´t buy it.

- Keep being sad.

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
And of course, everyone overhyped the Nintendo Direct AGAIN. Where's all those people who said they'd be satisfied if there was new X and Bayonetta stuff and that's all they cared about? I'm satisfied, I got everything I was expecting.

Expecting a remake between DKCTF and Mario Kart 8 isn't really overhyping in my opinion. That was my expectation. 

They're making the same mistakes as last year. A remake takes less than a year to develop and is cheap. They could've made Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon HD by now if they wanted to. 

And that X trailer was really lame in my opinion, less hyped for the game now. Bayo 2, Mario Kart 8 and Little Mac in Smash are cool though. 

They said, "games releasing by the end of Spring". So maybe bayonetta 2 and/or X will launch in spring sometime?

Imo it was a pretty neat ND. Except for the large gaping black hole of doom that will be the drought in between DKC and MK8, which will (again) bring any and all Wii U momentum to a full and grinding stop.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

So basically, nothing for Wii U in March and April, besides 2 eshop titles (Nes Remix 2 and Child of Light).
Niiiice.

Around the Network
POE said:
Samus Aran said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Samus Aran said:

What's the point of a Direct if you're not going to announce a single new game for your poorly selling console? May 30 for Mario Kart 8? Geez, how long does it take to make 16 tracks? Nothing new will be added besides that anyway(except some characters and items).

Yeah, not like antigravity karts was new, such a rehash... :P

It really doesn't add anything since the camera follows you. Even if you're riding upside down, you'll not notice it during a race. Except when you ride on walls you kinda notice it, but meh. 

2 advices for you:

- Don´t buy it.

- Keep being sad.

I never said I woudn't buy it. I just don't get what's taking them so long because Mario Kart 8 isn't going to add anything revolutionairy. It will still be 16 new tracks and 16 retrotracks with the same racing mechanic. The anti-gravity just doesn't change much, that's a fact. 

I'm not sad either, just wondering why on earth it takes so long to develop a game that doesn't really change a lot from its predecessors(except graphically of course). Half of the content in this game is even rehashed(which I don't mind, I like retro tracks). 

You guys should never hype a Nintendo Direct going by their track record lol..... but that Bayo2 footage looked damn good. X looks like it has faster paced combat compared to Xenoblade at the moment, should be interesting once we see more of it.

MK8 looked outstanding, and I'm really glad to know that X will have combat like Xenoblade, but with 4 characters...it was something I wanted in the last game. Something to spice up the standard tank-DPS-healer set up. Should be an amazing game.

Going to sleep. I am going to read the rest of your reactions tomorrow.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I thought the direct was good, but I suppose you gaming people like it if it had these two things.

1. announce the direct 2-3 weeks ago so you guys can randomly speculate and hype for no damn reason
2. just announce some games title like "Agent" so you guys can again randomly speculate and hype for no damn reason.

Funny how some people are now less hyped for X. Obvioulsy these people have not played the prior games at all.

Oh and for the Droughters out there. Nintendo is basically 100% self reliant. They have like 0 3rd party support at all. Can't expect them to have a AAA blockbuster game for every month of the year now can you?

I would say having DK and MK both by end of May in 2014 is pretty solid for ONE company. Not to mention what else will come out in 2014 from NINTENDO ALONE.