By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official - Nintendo Direct February 13 - Focusing on WiiU and 3DS games in Spring

well, let's look at my predictions again

1) X and Bayonetta before Mario Kart: NOPE (least we saw them)
2) Character announce for Smash: YUP (although not who I thought)
3) New game for Wii U: Does NES Remix 2 count? - Nope
4) New SKUs: NOPE
5) Yoshi DLC for 3D World: Nope

Damn I suck at predictions. Still, at least we didn't get any delays, and what they did show was pretty cool.

Although, why do they insist on cramming that sucky football game down our throats each time? Yes, we're european, but we're nerds, we don't DO sports.

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
So basically, nothing for Wii U in March and April, besides 2 eshop titles (Nes Remix 2 and Child of Light).
Niiiice.

Also, nothing for May. Until the 30th.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

orniletter said:
justinian said:
It was alright I suppose, basing it on the crap they did most of last year. At least they show some new B2 and X stuff.

Yet it was ultimately disappointing. All that NES stuff is NOT going to sell consoles.

Brand new year, same old last year announced games.

Yeah, that is kind of normal when the direct is focused on games that will be released in Spring.

Yeah?? I knew that.

The point I was making is that is shouldn't be about spring in the first place. It should be bigger and bolder than that. It should have encompassed the whole freakin' year and give people a reason to buy the console because it is selling like crap. Let potential buyers see what else is coming in 2014.

The first thing one of my friends mentioned on Facebook was "Damn!! Anyone would think they are going to pull the Wii U out of production soon". He obviously said that in jest.

You have your opinion and I respect that but that's my two cents.

I can see some huge gaps between games this year. What comes after summer?

If Yarn Yoshi still isn't far enough in its development cycle to show new content I'm afraid this game won't come in 2014. Might even be cancelled, though I doubt that.

A bit underwhelming overall. :/

Donkey Kong is set to rock the world, but I already knew that.
Mario Kart 8 looks great but the release date was disappointing.
While they did show some X gameplay I really would've liked some info about when we'll get to play it.
GBA VC is way overdue but better late than never I guess...I just hope we get Minish Cap early.
Bayonetta 2 will be epic, and it better be out this year.
NES Remix 2 was a nice surprise, didn't expect a sequel so soon, and hopefully we'll get a SNES Remix in the future.
I'm sort of looking forward to Yoshi's Island. Gameplay looks solid but I'm not digging the new art style.

Around the Network

Not the worst presentation I've seen. Or the best. Pretty much what I was expecting.

Some of the indie stuff looked cool and X is growing on me.

All that letdown.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

The meltdowns in this thread show how fickle some Nintendo Fans are. All-in-all it was a good Direct. Donkey Kong looks incredible and can't wait to play it on my HD TV.

The RPG weapon shop game is something I was not even aware of and looks right up my alley (rpg lover business lover).

X was a little underwhelming, but I haven't finished Xenoblade so I'm sure I'll enjoy it once I finish Xeno.

The new trailer for Bayonetta sold me on the game. I'm not huge into hack and slashes but this game just looks like a blast to play.

The UBISOFT Eshop game looks really awesome too.

ToxicJosh said:
well, let's look at my predictions again

1) X and Bayonetta before Mario Kart: NOPE (least we saw them)
2) Character announce for Smash: YUP (although not who I thought)
3) New game for Wii U: Does NES Remix 2 count? - Nope
4) New SKUs: NOPE
5) Yoshi DLC for 3D World: Nope

Damn I suck at predictions. Still, at least we didn't get any delays, and what they did show was pretty cool.

Although, why do they insist on cramming that sucky football game down our throats each time? Yes, we're european, but we're nerds, we don't DO sports.

There's a new SKU in Japan with Wii Sports Club

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

t3mporary_126 said:
Kresnik said:

noname2200 said:

- snip -

Nothing then, it died on Steel Diver and resumed on the baseball thing for me.  Cheers.

Youtube it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bklH6eGScqY

Not in Germany: