By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why the heck is everyone so crazy about the PS4?

It has no gaeeeeeeeeeeeemmzzzz! 

i got fired recently from an electronic company (hooray?)  and durin the last days all I got was "PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4" , like people would sell both their nuts for it, and it goes out of stock so fast, it doesn't even have games , its pricey and there probably going to be a better slimmer version by the time they release good stuff on it.

but for goodness sake, why is PS4 so great and others are so poo poo? , its so ....... lame, as a console. I'd take a Vita, 3DSXL or Wii U over it. (Xbone is even lamer if that is even possible)

Around the Network

Because Greatness Awaits®

PullusPardus said:

It has no gaeeeeeeeeeeeemmzzzz! 

i got fired recently from an electronic company (hooray?)  and durin the last days all I got was "PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4" , like people would sell both their nuts for it, and it goes out of stock so fast, it doesn't even have games , its pricey and there probably going to be a better slimmer version by the time they release good stuff on it.

but for goodness sake, why is PS4 so great and others are so poo poo? , its so ....... lame, as a console. I'd take a Vita, 3DSXL or Wii U over it. (Xbone is even lamer if that is even possible)

exactly...now imagine the sales when PS4 actually get the gameeeeezzzzzzzz 

Well then... go and enjoy your Wii U full of gaemz then!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I'd take a PS4 over a Vita, 3DSXL and Wii U combined, with their entire libraries. It's a question of taste, and your personal tastes may differ from the majority.

The PS4 has great word of mouth, some promising games on the horizon and it's quite affordable. (You mention it's pricey? Try €650 for the last iteration, that was pricey!).

Around the Network

Because you touch yourself at night

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=178154&page=1#

This thread explain it very well :)
Some people cares more about the stats than the experience/gameplay... PS4 is more powerful on paper, so even if the games experience is the same Xbox One or if it has more games, a lot of people will go for the stats.

People wanted something shiny and new, it's been a long time since a new home console launch.... Wii U had both the "last gen" and "gimmick" stigma of the Wii, without actually having that gimmick be compelling, so it didn't work. Xbone burned it's good will with gamers, and the PS4 is "cheaper and more powerful" so it benefits from people playing the same systems for longer then expected.

You need to buy one to understand.

BTW there are tons of games on PS4.

Well I really like my PS4. I mean I am not bouncing off the walls about it but it is really nice. Has a great interface too. And even though it really doesn't have big games on it yet (although Killzone was a big game for some people just not me) it isn't like the future lineup is lacking. So some, like me, bought it early as a future investment for games to come.