By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - DF: TitanFall Beta Analysis (792p,~60fps)

FlamingWeazel said:

That's ridiculous if true.

They received a lot of bad feedback about the 720p... they had to talk about that a lot after the Alpha... so they upped the resolution.

Around the Network

lol @ the "lazy developer" comments. It says right in article "Respawn's dedication to 60fps locked experience" and MW and MW2 were locked at 60fps. There's no precedent to call them lazy, especially when they're making an "exclusive" game, so they're focusing all their resources into the Xbone.

Update 18:13 GMT: Respawn has confirmed our '792p' pixel count, and has indicated that a resolution increase is on the cards for the final game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-watch-titanfall-on-xbox-one-at-60fps

ethomaz said:

FlamingWeazel said:

That's ridiculous if true.

They received a lot of bad feedback about the 720p... they had to talk about that a lot after the Alpha... so they upped the resolution.

It's time MS started being honest for a change and stop playing the graphics pr game, and focus on games like they said they would.

Who gives a shit. As long as the gameplay is fun as hell.

Around the Network

The visuals are a little disappointing, but I just watched a 9 minute video on youtube of the beta and it looks like a lot of fun. A solid frame-rate with the amount of action going on, on-screen, will be far more important.

I'm amazed how similar the game looks to COD. I know the studio is founded by ex-COD developers, but you'd think that starting from scratch the visuals would have looked a bit different.

BMaker11 said:
lol @ the "lazy developer" comments. It says right in article "Respawn's dedication to 60fps locked experience" and MW and MW2 were locked at 60fps. There's no precedent to call them lazy, especially when they're making an "exclusive" game, so they're focusing all their resources into the Xbone.

Modern Warfare was jaw dropping in terms of visual when launched... ahead most of games... the next game that didn't received graphical upgrades to follow the generation.

The issue is more hardware than "lazy developer"... they can't do miracles.

BMaker11 said:

Do you expect the 360 version to be 60fps cos i dont, and if it was that would be quite embarasing for XO if there similar res and same framerate. 

And lead platform or not 360 is going to be where all the business is done sales wise. 

This game is going to be ridiculously fun. Looks absolutely awesome.

We all get by now that the Xbox One isn't as powerful as Playstation 4. You guys who are like 'Oooh I'm so happy the X1 has a less powerful GPU than the PS4' sound like totally unpleasant people. Do you do that when your friend pulls out their cellphone? "Ohhh! My phone has a .25ghz processor advantage compared to your phone! How do you even make calls with that thing?!"

I could understand a bit of gloating but obsessing about it is ridiculous. You know the GPU has less cores and things on X1 compared to PS4, so that's the end of the story. They can't give it more cores. So why the hell would you be so excited about spending the next eight years blabbering on about it?

This game looks awesome and I'll enjoy playing it upon launch. I'm sure I'll get my rump handed to me but it will be a lot of fun.

lol this gif.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags