By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - DF: TitanFall Beta Analysis (792p,~60fps)

RG3Hunna said:
I'm a playstation fan BUT Xbox fans you got yourself a treat, that game looks really fun to play. Hopefully it lives up to you guys standards. Hopefully I can get enough money to buy an XboxOne before titanfall comes out.

the pc requirements arent tremendously high you could get it for pc, thats what im doing i refuse to buy a 500$ system and pay for online play for one game, i had a xbox one played ryse and DR3 then sold it to my cousin i was going to keep it for Titanfall, but when i found out my pc could play it with no issues and i didnt have to pay for live on the pc i was sold on the pc version...i will say this i really wish it was coming to the ps4, if for no other reason then to hold me over to Destiny, pc will do for now though.

Around the Network
drkohler said:
Locknuts said:
Hopefully by launch it's a locked 60fps. Dips are unacceptable in this kind of game for a dev team with such a pedigree.

So you want them to increase the resolution by 25% (900p seems to be the talk now) AND remove the frame rate dips? Good luck with that.. This game survives because it is a complete mess on screen, and by mess I mean there are dozens of units shooting hundreds of bullets every second from every corner of the screen. It does not survive on quality graphics or quality gameplay.

Nah. 720p (or whatever) is fine as long as the framerate doesn't suffer. I'll be getting it on PC anyway so it won't bother me, but I would expect a locked 60fps for the X1.

Xenostar said:
BMaker11 said:
lol @ the "lazy developer" comments. It says right in article "Respawn's dedication to 60fps locked experience" and MW and MW2 were locked at 60fps. There's no precedent to call them lazy, especially when they're making an "exclusive" game, so they're focusing all their resources into the Xbone.

Do you expect the 360 version to be 60fps cos i dont, and if it was that would be quite embarasing for XO if there similar res and same framerate. 

And lead platform or not 360 is going to be where all the business is done sales wise. 

I don't know what to expect from the 360 version considering it's being developed by Bluepoint Games, a studio that's done nothing but ports. The only original game they made was Blast Factor, which was pretty meh. The rest were PS2 upgrades (which shouldn't be hard to do, performance wise), a Vita port of PS All Stars, and a flOwer port for PS4 (another upgrade from a previous gen).

The only comparable thing I could say is comparable is PS All Stars because their port went "down" (PS3 to Vita) to a lower system (or XBone to 360 in this case). But that's not a fair comparison to compare work console to console vs console to handheld

Captain_Tom said:
Sh1nn said:

Direct feed shot from xbox one version 

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles/1/6/5/4/2/7/0/139222434109.jpg

Frankly, it looks like a last gen game...

Isn't the complaint that many 8th gen games look like last gen games?

The most significant difference we're seeing in graphics are often resolution, textures, frame rate, lighting effects, less pop up, etc.

If you lower the visual quality, most 8th gen games can easily be on PS3 or 360.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

A higher frame-rate is more important than higher resolution for a fast paced game like Titanfall.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
michael_stutzer said:
Damn. Those lazy developers should learn a thing or two from MS first party studios.

MS first party studios?..

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Mr Puggsly said:
Captain_Tom said:
Sh1nn said:

The most significant difference we're seeing in graphics are often resolution, textures, frame rate, lighting effects, less pop up, etc.

If you lower the visual quality, most 8th gen games can easily be on PS3 or 360.

As someone who owns a PS4 and not an Xbox One I certainly cant recall seeing a game that looked close to this on a technical level.

Where you either win

or you DIE

SlayerRondo said:
Mr Puggsly said:

As someone who owns a PS4 and not an Xbox One I certainly cant recall seeing a game that looked close to this on a technical level.

People on the internet care more about great screen shots than games at a technical level.

I'm glad most consumers don't have that mindset.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
SlayerRondo said:
Mr Puggsly said:

People on the internet care more about great screen shots than games at a technical level.

I'm glad most consumers don't have that mindset.

I remeber when the first Killzone was being previewed with great screenshots. Then I played the game and its suffered from a crappy framerate and pop-in.

You really need intense gameplay footage to get a true fee for a game performance.

Where you either win

or you DIE

Captain_Tom said:
Normchacho said:
Captain_Tom said:
Sh1nn said:

I thought the same thing. A good looking last gen game, but last gen all the same.

I don't even think its the resolution so much as the lack of detail and effects...

Yeah the resolution isn't the issue it's the crappy texturing and lack of detail that bothers me. But it is just the beta so maybe they will get better.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.