By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New inFAMOUS: Second Son screens! And new gameplay footage!

FlamingWeazel said:
Krill said:
FlamingWeazel said:
WOW ,makes every other next gen game look average. Amazing visuals.

Really?  The Order looks much better than this.  There are a lot of cool games being previewed on the PS4 that look better.  I just don't understand the hype with this.  The lighting is pre-baked and where were the shadows in the gameplay?

It is NOt pre-baked...there are shadows LMAO. The order is a long ways away, when it is out it will be the best looking game on the market...Every site is praising the visuals for a reason, people who have playeed the game.. The order is also not open world.

Look when he runs in front of the vehicle headlights.  That's not pre-baked?  Where are the shadows?

Around the Network
pezus said:
Krill said:
FlamingWeazel said:

Really?  The Order looks much better than this.  There are a lot of cool games being previewed on the PS4 that look better.  I just don't understand the hype with this.  The lighting is pre-baked and where were the shadows in the gameplay?  Initially I thought meh. Then, in the last preview they gave us of this game looked really good, but now I'm thinking that was bullshots.

The Order is linear, though and we really haven't seen enough from it to compare. Having said that, I fully expect The Order to look better due to it being linear and due to it releasing later.

yeah exactly, the order looks damn impressive but standards are very different between open world games and linear games.  infamous looking like infamous does while being open world and soooo amazingly fluid and fast is just ridiculously impressive.

Most of the lighting in the game are not pre-baked because there is a day/night cycle , the lighting reacts dynamically depending on the moment and the place.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Krill said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Krill said:
FlamingWeazel said:

Really?  The Order looks much better than this.  There are a lot of cool games being previewed on the PS4 that look better.  I just don't understand the hype with this.  The lighting is pre-baked and where were the shadows in the gameplay?

It is NOt pre-baked...there are shadows LMAO. The order is a long ways away, when it is out it will be the best looking game on the market...Every site is praising the visuals for a reason, people who have playeed the game.. The order is also not open world.

Look when he runs in front of the vehicle headlights.  That's not pre-baked?  Where are the shadows?

Please post where it is using prebaked lighting? Thats why the games lighting is getting universal praise? it is alsl huge open world, making it a poor comparison to linear the order. The hige world makes SS more impressive.

Aerys said:

Most of the lighting in the game are not pre-baked because there is a day/night cycle , the lighting reacts dynamically depending on the moment and the place.

Moving in front of vehicle headlights is one area where you should see lighting react dynamically, and I don't see it here.  

Around the Network

The shiny blue flame glowy guy pictures.... you guys think that's cool looking?

To each their own. Good graphics. Weird design.

Those neon powers look so fun to use! I really can't wait for this game :D

so close yet feels so far away!!!

FlamingWeazel said:
Krill said:

Please post where it is using prebaked lighting? Thats why the games lighting is getting universal praise? it is alsl huge open world, making it a poor comparison to linear the order. The hige world makes SS more impressive.

I'm going to assume English isn't your first language, but you responded to a comment from me where I explain where the lightinng does not react dynamically.

Krill said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Krill said:

I'm going to assume English isn't your first language, but you responded to a comment from me where I explain where the lightinng does not react dynamically.

No need for the trolling. You took 1 screenshot in a  huge open world game...the game has dynamic lighting, day night cycles, reflections, the devs even said as much, you are reaching.